Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hard last name...

In the summer I will be marrying my best friend in the whole world, naturally I'm super excited and along with wedding plans I think about baby names sometimes. We are not planning to have children right away. But here's the kicker, my last name to be is Mikajelian... Marrying a foreign guy is like a romance novel but I wouldn't have written that in. LOL

Thats pronounced Mee KI yel yahn... with my less than impressive american accent saying it Ive thought about just ignoring the fact that their names may never "flow" with it... but of course I would like names to sound good as a whole!

Names I like:
    Girls:
    Anastasia
    Evelyn
    Evie
    Phoebe
    Freja
    Amelia

Boys:
    Theodore
    Maximillian
    Vladimir
    Alexander (Sasha)
    Raphael
    Caesar

As you can tell we tend to like russian names, but the origin isn't actually important. He doesn't like names that sound too simple like Poppy or Fae, but I love them. So finding middle ground has been an adventure Help?
    Last edited by bekah101; November 25th, 2013 at 07:37 PM.

Congrats on your engagement. How exciting! I think your future surname is pretty cool but it's not easy to say, is it? I would advise you to keep the first names simple (one or two syllables, three tops). Phoebe would be fine. Instead of Evelyn I would go with Eve or Eva nn Evie. I love most of your boys names but they do seem a bit longish with a five-syllable surname. I would avoid names that end in "n" (Maximilian). Vladimir is the only truly Russian name on your list (in Russian, Theodore would be Fyodor, Alexander would be Aleksandr, Maximilian would be Maksim, Caesar would be Tsar/Czar which would be kind of strange). My favourite with your surname would be Raphael. In the Hermitage Museum in St Petersburg, the Raphael Loggias are quite breathtaking.

Russian Boys

Sergei
    Viktor
    Pavel
    Tomas
    Andrei
    Dmitri
    Leo/Leonid
    Kirill
    Gavril
    Yuri
    Gleb
    Lazar
    Stepan
    Vadim
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Bekah, congratulations! I'm curious about the background for Mikajelian. His heritage might lend some direction, even if you don't elect to go with a traditional name, but to find out what flows well.

My favorites would be Eva Mikajelian and Theo Mikajelian.
    若兰

I'm just a third-culture girl with an affinity for names.

In loving memory of Margot

I really love Theo! but He said no to Theo and Thea :/ Mikajelian is Armenian

Too bad about Theo and Thea. I just realized I forgot to give you some Russian girl names. Most are pretty long.

Oksana
    Irina
    Olga
    Svetlana
    Xenia
    Zenaida
    Galina
    Hana
    Nina
    Natalia/Natasha
    Marina
    Daria