Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Too many L's?

I think the most important thing is that you love the name you've chosen for your baby. If Lincoln is that for you - go for it. I must add though, if you were to have another child, you would have to think carefully as to whether you would continue with this pattern (you may look like one of those families!) Or not (the second child may feel left out as the only one without an 'L' name). Good luck
    Mummy to two little princes born 16/1/14
    A: Arthur Florian Edward Wright
    B: Frederick "Freddie" Robin Jude Wright

Alasdair † Conan † Gregor † Henry † Hugo † Jasper † Lionel † Phineas † Reuben † Sebastian † Zachary*
    Lyra ‡ Florence ‡ Hermione ‡ Eleanor ‡ Isla ‡ Martha ‡ Emelia ‡ Julia ‡ Helena ‡ Eliza ‡ Iris*

*See my whole lists here: Boys, Girls

I think you should use the names you love and not worry about it! I also wouldn't worry too much about being limited to using L's for future children. I doubt a child with a different initial would think you loved them less or that they weren't a part of your private club with big brother. Especially since they think of you as mom and dad more than by your first names.
    Cassia | Phoebe | Emmeline | Matilda | Oona | Sylvie | Dahlia | Rosalind | Vivienne | Miranda
    Milo | Emmett | Sebastian | Theodore | Lucian | Rafferty | Matteo | Vincent | Donovan | Wesley

Thank you all so much for your replies! It really is nice to hear other's perspectives (especially since we've decided to keep the gender a secret from family and friends).

Quote Originally Posted by mischa View Post
    Lincoln is ok in a family of L's as long as ...

1) the names are not too similar in sound or look (Liz, Linus and Lincoln would not be ideal)
    We would be: Lisa, Luke and Lincoln, which sounds ok unless we end up calling him Link. Calling for Luke & Link to come to dinner could be a mouthful

I don't think I'd throw out a name I absolutely loved for that reason, but it would annoy me a bit too.

But you do have to remember that after the first dozen years of his life that sort of thing won't really matter to him. It'll mean more to you and your friends/family than it will ever mean to him.

Though, are you planning to have more kids? Can you see yourself searching for names for #2 and being concerned about them feeling left out if they DON'T have an L?
    Livy/Lucy : Geneva/Gwen : Coralie/Alice : Noelle/Eve
    Eli/Bennett : Jude/Zane: Luke/Leo : Levi/Phineas

I really wouldn't worry about it. I started thinking and I came up with a couple of families that I know that have parents and one child starting with the same name and I've never thought twice about it. My friends Jessica and Jamie have a son named Jackson and a daughter named Bailey. Mark & Maggie have a little girl named Mackenzie and another named Ava. It didn't even cross my mind to think that Ava or Bailey was left out because her name didn't start with M, so I think this might be a bit of a case of overthinking it a little. You might get a comment or two, but I certainly don't think it would be enough to keep you from using a name you love.
    Margot - Eleanor (Lena) Ivy - Leonie - Camille/a Clare - Margery Wren
    Clark - Gabriel - Simon - Malachy - Locke - Shepherd

Guilty Pleasures:
    Vesper - Zephyr - Andromeda - Bellatrix - Lúthien