Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I would go with Kepler Jackson. It has been a name you both have loved for a long while. You might regret not using it. Kep is a sweet nickname.
    Maebry Eloise o Emilia Sunday o Annabel Birdie
    Piers Lachlan o Roan August o Gray Everett
    -------- o -------- ~ o ~ -------- o --------

heart my son

Quote Originally Posted by mischa View Post
    Neither name is my style but I vote for Kepler. It's a more unusual choice and you've loved it for a long time so that must mean something. I don't like Parker at all for any gender (park her?) and Parker P or PP could be troublesome (it makes me think of the tongue twisting nursery rhyme "Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers" )
    Exactly what Mischa said. I think Kepler is the right choice in this instance. Good luck
    [FONT=Book Antiqua][B]Mummy to two little princes born 16/1/14[/B] :D
    A: Arthur Florian Edward Wright
    B: Frederick "Freddie" Robin Jude Wright

Baby number three expected to land in April 2015!

♂ [COLOR="#FF0000"]Phineas † Henry † Leo † Sebastian † Jasper † Conrad † Hugh † Theo † Jay † Tobias † Charlie † Isaac*[/COLOR]
    ♀ [COLOR="#0099cc"]Lyra ‡ Florence ‡ Hermione ‡ Eleanor ‡ Isla ‡ Martha ‡ Emelia ‡ Beatrice ‡ Eliza ‡ Esther ‡ Susannah*[/COLOR]

*See my whole lists here: [URL="http://nameberry.com/userlist/view/55067"][COLOR="#FF0000"]Boys[/COLOR][/URL], [URL="http://nameberry.com/userlist/view/61060"][COLOR="#0099cc"]Girls[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT]

I like Kepler better. "Kep" is a cute and fun nickname, while Kepler will look great on a resume when he grows up. I like how Kepler is unusual enough to stand out and be remembered, but not too unusual.

I do like Parker fine, but I don't think that the initials "P.P." are going to go over well at school some day, you know?
    ~ Kitra
    wife, (step)mom, vilomah, grandmother, writer, eclectic Pagan, believer in fairies and angels, all-around dork
    In process of writing
    The Sacred Roses series (working title).

AnnLouise Marie - (step)daughter
    Samantha Jane - "adopted" daughter

Kaitlyn Leandra - angel daughter

Teagan Pax - angel son

Chaz Chamness - angel (step)son
    Janella Leigh Lotus - granddaughter

Nameberry is not the best place to come to with unique (i.e. modern invented) names, either. But I vote for Kepler. I think Kep is a great nickname!

I like Parker more for a girl for some reason. I guess because I like Parker Posey and also my friend's beautiful daughter.
    Cora | Gwyneth | Hazel | Penelope | Sylvie | Thea
    Archer | Emmett | Ezra | Leo | Rhys | Theo

Kepler is the name of a brilliant Renaissance astronomer and scientist - what an awesome namesake. There's a NASA observatory named after him. That's what I thought of when you mentioned the name. If I met a young Kepler, I'd be very impressed.

I think that if you are certain you want two kids, then you should use Kepler for this baby, and Parker for the next - they make a really wonderful sibset, because they share so many of the same letters and sounds, yet they couldn't be mistaken for one another. And they are both surnames, both two syllables. A really perfect pair. Of course, if you want more than two kids, it might be tricky to find a name that fits in with your existing two names.

Best wishes!

p.s. I'm a fan of alliteration, so don't see the PP thing as an issue... but if you like a name starting with I for a middle, it could get you to the sweet nickname Pip - cute for a young girl or boy.
    Last edited by themonarch; November 25th, 2013 at 05:50 PM. Reason: added p.s.