Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I would go with Kepler Jackson. It has been a name you both have loved for a long while. You might regret not using it. Kep is a sweet nickname.
    Piers Lachlan Wilder
    Charlie Bennett Wolf
    Oliver Henry Birch
    Crispin Everett Gray
    Declan Theodore August
    Sophie Elizabeth Fable
    Grace Margaret Birdie "Birdie"
    Emma Jane Magnolia
    Tilly Annabel Vesper or
    Lily Anne Vesper
    Edie Rose Clementine

heart my son

Quote Originally Posted by mischa View Post
    Neither name is my style but I vote for Kepler. It's a more unusual choice and you've loved it for a long time so that must mean something. I don't like Parker at all for any gender (park her?) and Parker P or PP could be troublesome (it makes me think of the tongue twisting nursery rhyme "Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers" )
    Exactly what Mischa said. I think Kepler is the right choice in this instance. Good luck
    [FONT=Book Antiqua][B]Mummy to two little princes born 16/1/14[/B] :D
    A: Arthur Florian Edward Wright
    B: Frederick "Freddie" Robin Jude Wright

Baby number three expected to land in April 2015!

♂ [COLOR="#FF0000"]Phineas † Henry † Leo † Sebastian † Jasper † Conrad † Hugh † Theo † Jay † Tobias † Charlie † Isaac*[/COLOR]
    ♀ [COLOR="#0099cc"]Lyra ‡ Florence ‡ Hermione ‡ Eleanor ‡ Isla ‡ Martha ‡ Emelia ‡ Beatrice ‡ Eliza ‡ Esther ‡ Susannah*[/COLOR]

*See my whole lists here: [URL="http://nameberry.com/userlist/view/55067"][COLOR="#FF0000"]Boys[/COLOR][/URL], [URL="http://nameberry.com/userlist/view/61060"][COLOR="#0099cc"]Girls[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT]

I like Kepler better. "Kep" is a cute and fun nickname, while Kepler will look great on a resume when he grows up. I like how Kepler is unusual enough to stand out and be remembered, but not too unusual.

I do like Parker fine, but I don't think that the initials "P.P." are going to go over well at school some day, you know?
    ~ Kitra
    wife, (step)mom, vilomah, grandmother, writer, eclectic Pagan, believer in fairies and angels, all-around dork
    In process of writing
    The Sacred Roses series (working title).

AnnLouise Marie - (step)daughter
    Samantha Jane - "adopted" daughter

Kaitlyn Leandra - angel daughter

Teagan Pax - angel son

Chaz Chamness - angel (step)son
    Janella Leigh Lotus - granddaughter

Nameberry is not the best place to come to with unique (i.e. modern invented) names, either. But I vote for Kepler. I think Kep is a great nickname!

I like Parker more for a girl for some reason. I guess because I like Parker Posey and also my friend's beautiful daughter.
    Audrey Coraline | Esme Victoria | Fiona Hazel | Gwyneth Rosalie | Liv Cordelia | Maisie Bernadette | Madeleine Vesper | Margot Elspeth | Phoebe Matilda | Sylvie Marigold | Thea Rosemary | Zara Emmeline | Archer Leopold | Callum Wesley | Cato Benjamin | Emmett Jude | Griffin Wilder | Jasper Amias | Leo Vincent | Lucian Mateo | Milo Sebastian | Quentin Emrys | Rhys Donovan | Theo Everest

Kepler is the name of a brilliant Renaissance astronomer and scientist - what an awesome namesake. There's a NASA observatory named after him. That's what I thought of when you mentioned the name. If I met a young Kepler, I'd be very impressed.

I think that if you are certain you want two kids, then you should use Kepler for this baby, and Parker for the next - they make a really wonderful sibset, because they share so many of the same letters and sounds, yet they couldn't be mistaken for one another. And they are both surnames, both two syllables. A really perfect pair. Of course, if you want more than two kids, it might be tricky to find a name that fits in with your existing two names.

Best wishes!

p.s. I'm a fan of alliteration, so don't see the PP thing as an issue... but if you like a name starting with I for a middle, it could get you to the sweet nickname Pip - cute for a young girl or boy.
    Last edited by themonarch; November 25th, 2013 at 06:50 PM. Reason: added p.s.