Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

What are your top ten most ANNOYING names?

I mean the ones that make you curl your toes and howl.

Here are mine:

1) Katniss and Reneeesme (did I spell the latter right? I don't care)
    2) Bloodrayne
    3) Jermajesty
    4) Cory
    5) Britney
    6) Tiffany
    7) Brandy
    8) Mary (I'm weird, I know)
    9) Zach
    10) Jason

- Reneesme (sp?) is also on my list
    - Braxtynn and all it's brothers and cousins (especially on girls)
    - Princess and the like
    - Chelsea, London, Paris, etc.
    - Plum (I don't find it annoying but it just reminds me of plump)
    - Elliot on girls
    - boy names as middles for girls
    - Pauline / Paulina (I just never liked that name)
    - Kevin, Chantal, Cheyenne, Kimberly
    - Alexandra

Nobody should take that too personal though, I don't judge people by their names. Please don't feel offended!

Reneesme (sp?) is also on my list

-Peyton/Payton/Payten/Peyten/Peytan/Paytan/Heydon/Haydon and Sloane all used on girls

- Braxtynn and all it's brothers and cousins (especially on girls)

- Princess/Queen/King/Prince and the like

- Chelsea, London, Paris, I much prefer some of the older location names like Lucania, Missouri, and Pennsylvania over this new wave fashionista type names.
    - Mary/Maria/Mari/Maryanne, I understand its Biblical connection, but it has lost its sparkle and is over used and the crazy spelling get on my nerves

- Karen/Katherine/Kathleen/Katie/kate/kat/Krystal/Crystal/ Meagan/Meghan/Meaghann, Meegan, I roll my eyes at hearing these names, they are sooo over used
    - Branson- read braxtyyn
    - Joshua/Josh, Kody/Cody, Dustin, David, Calvin and the various spelling, I hear them ALL the time. I live in a Vacation area, and 1 out of every 10 boys will have a different name like Luke, William or Michael from the Joshua/Josh/Kody/Cody/Dustin/David/Calvin

- Tanner/Taylor/Connor/Avery/Averie/Aevery/Aeverie/Averey/Grayson/Greyson- the alternate baby name you hear in between the Luke, William, Michael but still not as popular as Luke, William, Michael and the even more popular Josh/Joshua/David/Calvin/Cody/Kody. I will admit that they seem more freshening in comparison to its counterparts but after a while it gets old and you begin to wonder if parents have any imagination.

- I hate unnecessary spellings of names like temprince, it has no legitimacy. I'm fine if the parent chose to use an "OLDER" spelling of a name that was corrupted thousand of years ago, because that would make sense based on the lack of education, and the fact that it had seen use for more than one generation. However, today, with access to education, there is no excuse!!

- I hate Poorly smooshed names like Williamlee, Annalay or Emmaleigh or Caraleigh, it really gets on my nerves.

- Short names as a full name, with little to no length to them or the short name didn't derive from a formal name but used as a condensed nickname. Example: Kat, Beck, Doc, Liv, Lil, Mo, Nan, Pip... They sound incompletely and more like bodily functions.

- Names with bad meanings like: roadkill, bleak, Lame- it just sounds mean-spirited. Which gets even worse when the many parents are clueless and chose the name because it sounds pretty but not based on the meaning or potential meanings in other languages outside an ESW.

- Any name bestowed on a girl with the meaning ' son of ' that one its absurd.
    Last edited by vespertinerose; May 30th, 2014 at 12:39 AM.

1. Nevaeh
    2. Anything made up
    3. Anything misspelled
    4. Aidan
    5. Jayden
    6. Brayden
    7. Caden
    8. Grayden
    9. Anything super popular
    10. Maddox
    Audrey - Beatrice - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Jane - Mabel - Susannah

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

Your mention of Maddox

Quote Originally Posted by sarahmezz View Post
    1. Nevaeh
    2. Anything made up
    3. Anything misspelled
    4. Aidan
    5. Jayden
    6. Brayden
    7. Caden
    8. Grayden
    9. Anything super popular
    10. Maddox
    reminded me of my petty loathing of any of Angelina Jolie's kids' names.