Results 76 to 80 of 158
January 8th, 2014 03:18 PM #76
1.Hannah- always hated this name, no offense intended
2.Brittany- reminds me too much of an obnoxious cheer leader type
5.names that end in s (James, Myles, etc.)
8.Jacob- sounds like an awkward retching noise to me, I know, weird
9.Alexander- if I meet one more Alex, I'm going to punch something
10.Rachel- see Jacob
January 8th, 2014 03:33 PM #78
1) Nevaeh- it's just annoying.
2) the -adyn family and basically any name with a y in it.
3) creative spelling. I feel bad for the kids.
4) Declan- haha this name is just funny to me. There was an episode of Psych where the main character makes fun of this name so every time I hear it, it makes me laugh. I just don't see it as a likable name.
5) Porter- I heard someone name her child this and at first I thought she was kidding.
6) Alexavier- come on really?
7) Paige- This name just has a personal reason because I knew someone by this name and she was the most unpleasant person I have ever met in my life so far. Every time I hear this name I think of her.
8) Addison on a girl- the meaning of it should not be on a girl.
9) Ava- very pretty but I hear it EVERYWHERE!
10) Isabella- It annoys me because ever since I was young I wanted to name my daughter this but then Twilight became popular and this name became really popular and I got sick of it.
Last edited by celly; January 8th, 2014 at 03:45 PM.~ Favorite boy names: Larkin *Arthur *Felix *Theo *Luca *Vincent *Axel *Kai *Silas *Miles~
~ Favorite girl names: *Lux *Aria *Phoenix *Zoe *Zelda *Kahlan *Lotus *Coraline ~
~My children's names: Sofia Belinda (born Dec. 11th 2008) Felix Bodhi (born Nov. 6th 2013)
January 8th, 2014 04:05 PM #80Junior Member
- Join Date
- Oct 2013
- Phoenix, AZ
Hmm. I don't know if I can name 10 but...
1. I tend to dislike super popular names just for the sheer repetition of them. Olivia is a lovely name but I know at least 7.
2. Jill. It's an association thing. I have never met a Jill that I liked.
3. John. Again, bad history.
4. Eva. I love all of the Ev- names but could never use them because of my hatred of the name Eva.
5. Common middle names like Marie and Ann (although I used Faye for my youngest because of family).
6. Nevaeh. Just like everyone else.
7. Many of the P names bother me but mostly because they are so popular.
I think that may be it. My #1 includes so many names that 7 is all I can come up withMama to Layla Hattie and Vivian Faye
#3 due March 21st, 2015!
January 9th, 2014 09:04 AM #82Junior Member
- Join Date
- Jan 2014
thanks to everyone for putting together such a great thread! the posts in here are pure genius!
I love every bit of it!
1. Theo - great name for a 2 yr old boy who walks around with his teddy bear and blanket, not so great for the 200-lb linebacker on the high school football team..it's like parents never think their kids will grow up,that they'll always remain infants and toddlers..
2. Hunter/Tyler - most played-out names this side of McKenzie...
3. Mckenzie/Mc/Madison/Madelyn names in general..when you heard that name for the 400th time, didn't you think you should go in a different direction before giving your precious daughter the SAME NAME?
4. Jordan/Justin - never met a Justin that wasn't a chain-smoking workaholic gambler drunk..
5. Haley - I'm not even sure how you spell it nowadays..
6. Girl names that end in -ia, as in Olivia, Sophia, Alia, Alexandria ( is she named after a city in Virginia or Egypt? which is it?), Virginia, Gloria, Ophelia, etc
7. Jacob - sounds like a pampered,spoiled rotten little twerp who you'd meet at the park during a pick-up football or basketball game..the name screams 'un-athletic nerd'..and it's nickname 'Jake' makes me thing of a guy driving a Ford F-250 with a shotgun across the rear window and a dog with his head out the window..
8. Alexus/Lexi - I live in Northern NJ - this name is e.v.e.r.y.w.h.e.r.e..
9. Saint names like Luke or its bastardized neighbor, Lucas ( it's engine oil, not a kids name), Gabriel, Michael, Matthew, James, Thomas) James and Thomas are particularly annoying in that the over-protective parents refuse to call them by anything but their full name..Thomas is a choo-choo..its OK to let your kid use the name Jimmy or Jim..really, it's OK...
10. Emma or Bella or Ava ( Eva) or Eve - ALL being wildly popular among the Italian-American familes here in northern NJ..
I'd also like to include Sam, not Samuel,but parents who name their kid 'Sam'.
January 9th, 2014 09:13 AM #84Member
- Join Date
- Jul 2013