Names Searched Right Now:
Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
    1.Hannah- always hated this name, no offense intended
    2.Brittany- reminds me too much of an obnoxious cheer leader type
    3.Tiffany-^^
    4.Willow/William
    5.names that end in s (James, Myles, etc.)
    6.month/day names
    7.flower names
    8.Jacob- sounds like an awkward retching noise to me, I know, weird
    9.Alexander- if I meet one more Alex, I'm going to punch something
    10.Rachel- see Jacob

1) Nevaeh- it's just annoying.
    2) the -adyn family and basically any name with a y in it.
    3) creative spelling. I feel bad for the kids.
    4) Declan- haha this name is just funny to me. There was an episode of Psych where the main character makes fun of this name so every time I hear it, it makes me laugh. I just don't see it as a likable name.
    5) Porter- I heard someone name her child this and at first I thought she was kidding.
    6) Alexavier- come on really?
    7) Paige- This name just has a personal reason because I knew someone by this name and she was the most unpleasant person I have ever met in my life so far. Every time I hear this name I think of her.
    8) Addison on a girl- the meaning of it should not be on a girl.
    9) Ava- very pretty but I hear it EVERYWHERE!
    10) Isabella- It annoys me because ever since I was young I wanted to name my daughter this but then Twilight became popular and this name became really popular and I got sick of it.
    Last edited by celly; January 8th, 2014 at 03:45 PM.
    ~ Favorite boy names: Larkin *Arthur *Felix *Theo *Luca *Vincent *Axel *Kai *Silas *Miles~

~ Favorite girl names: *Lux *Aria *Phoenix *Zoe *Zelda *Kahlan *Lotus *Coraline ~

~My children's names: Sofia Belinda (born Dec. 11th 2008) Felix Bodhi (born Nov. 6th 2013)

Hmm. I don't know if I can name 10 but...

1. I tend to dislike super popular names just for the sheer repetition of them. Olivia is a lovely name but I know at least 7.

2. Jill. It's an association thing. I have never met a Jill that I liked.

3. John. Again, bad history.

4. Eva. I love all of the Ev- names but could never use them because of my hatred of the name Eva.

5. Common middle names like Marie and Ann (although I used Faye for my youngest because of family).

6. Nevaeh. Just like everyone else.

7. Many of the P names bother me but mostly because they are so popular.

I think that may be it. My #1 includes so many names that 7 is all I can come up with
    Mama to Layla Hattie and Vivian Faye

#3 due March 21st, 2015!

Girls~ Evangenline~Domino~Freya~Salem~Cleo~Jane

Boys~Mac~Fox~Olin~Harlan~Malachi~
    Lane

thanks to everyone for putting together such a great thread! the posts in here are pure genius!
    I love every bit of it!
    1. Theo - great name for a 2 yr old boy who walks around with his teddy bear and blanket, not so great for the 200-lb linebacker on the high school football team..it's like parents never think their kids will grow up,that they'll always remain infants and toddlers..
    2. Hunter/Tyler - most played-out names this side of McKenzie...
    3. Mckenzie/Mc/Madison/Madelyn names in general..when you heard that name for the 400th time, didn't you think you should go in a different direction before giving your precious daughter the SAME NAME?
    4. Jordan/Justin - never met a Justin that wasn't a chain-smoking workaholic gambler drunk..
    5. Haley - I'm not even sure how you spell it nowadays..
    6. Girl names that end in -ia, as in Olivia, Sophia, Alia, Alexandria ( is she named after a city in Virginia or Egypt? which is it?), Virginia, Gloria, Ophelia, etc
    7. Jacob - sounds like a pampered,spoiled rotten little twerp who you'd meet at the park during a pick-up football or basketball game..the name screams 'un-athletic nerd'..and it's nickname 'Jake' makes me thing of a guy driving a Ford F-250 with a shotgun across the rear window and a dog with his head out the window..
    8. Alexus/Lexi - I live in Northern NJ - this name is e.v.e.r.y.w.h.e.r.e..
    9. Saint names like Luke or its bastardized neighbor, Lucas ( it's engine oil, not a kids name), Gabriel, Michael, Matthew, James, Thomas) James and Thomas are particularly annoying in that the over-protective parents refuse to call them by anything but their full name..Thomas is a choo-choo..its OK to let your kid use the name Jimmy or Jim..really, it's OK...
    10. Emma or Bella or Ava ( Eva) or Eve - ALL being wildly popular among the Italian-American familes here in northern NJ..

I'd also like to include Sam, not Samuel,but parents who name their kid 'Sam'.

Quote Originally Posted by morob118 View Post
    9. Saint names like Luke or its bastardized neighbor, Lucas ( it's engine oil, not a kids name)
    Lucas is actually the Latin form. Luke is an Anglicised variant.