Results 66 to 70 of 367
January 8th, 2014 06:43 AM #66
1. Word names. I absolutely loathe Poet, Story, Princess and other "names" like them. There are better names, which are real names.
2. Gender switches. The biggest mystery for me. Finley and Darcy are fine on either gender, but James for girls and Phaedra for boys are just horrible.
3. Old man names. Ruth, Josephine, Willa, Mabel, Millicent, Gertrude, Bertha, Ernest, Clarence, Herbert, Graham. Especially Wilfred and Winnifred. All sound so dated and unpleasant.
4. Everything too cutesy: Mimi, Johnnie, Rosie, Freddie, Frankie. Who would take seriously on kids with these names??
5. Elizabeth and Charlotte
6. Kreighatyvve spellings. It hurts my eyes.
7. Made-up names like Nevaeh, Ashlynn, Emmaleigh, Zayden. I don't feel like to explain why I hate them.
8. Names that sound like money and are meant to show "the child's awesomeness": Diamond, Lux, Cash, Precious, Princess, Angel.
9. P-names like Piper, Paige, Poppy, Peyton, Paisley. Detest them.
10. Occupational names and surname names like Sailor (especially on a girl), Harper, Stewart, Hudson, Wilson, Jones, Baker, Parker, and, again, Piper.
Last edited by cadeence; January 8th, 2014 at 07:04 AM.
January 8th, 2014 08:48 AM #68
In no particular order:
2. Neveah - spelled wrong....I mean seriously?
3. Kaleigh/Kaylie/Kayley/Kailee/Kaylee/Caylee/Kailie/Cailie (you get the point)
4. Maeby - seen this on Nameberry and I just think it sounds ridiculous
5. Devon (for a girl)
6. Vegas - my one friend keeps naming story characters Vegas, and I keep trying to talk her out of it. Well, at least it's just a character for now
7. Sophia - because it's what EVERYONE is naming their babies
8. Anything with an apostrophe in it
9. Justin - ick
10. All the "ayden"s - they're like cockroaches. They've multiplied and taken over~*~**~*Larissa~*~**~*
The (Inconsistent) Blog: The Great Puzzle
Amaryllis Josephine Dove (Lilly) * Holiday Elizabeth Kate (Holly)
Phineas Orlando Jack (Finn) * Caspian Apollo Gray (Cash)
January 8th, 2014 10:18 AM #70~Liesl
Thisbe Nathalia Primrose ~ Helen Guinevere Mathilde ~ Ramona Lily HarperArthur Victor Michiel ~ Connor Lucas Jacob ~ Iann Hidde Crispin
Other names: Edith ~ Claire ~ Agnes ~ Margot ~ Quinten ~ Henry ~ Lancelot
January 8th, 2014 10:41 AM #72
1. Emerson for a girl. It's a name I want to use for one of my sons and every time I hear of a new baby girl with the name, I cringe.
2. Grace as a middle name. It's the most popular middle name for a little girl in my area and I'm just over hearing it.
3. Blaiden. (Know a little boy with this name)
4. Robert. I absolutely hate this name. (The bad associations don't help, but still.)
5. I'm also really over hearing Bentley.
6. All of the spellings of Aaliyah.
7. The names inspired by country singers. Easton, Brantley, etc.
9. Addison/Addie and all of their spellings. It's not a BAD name... I'm just tired of seeing so many of them.
10. And finally, Charlie. This name is annoying to me for an odd reason... I can't decide if I like it, and I can't decide if I like it on a boy or a girl. First, I met a girl named Charleigh. Hated the spelling, but the name for a girl grew on me. Then I met a little boy named Charlie, and it suited him, but at that point it was made feminine for me by the first Charleigh. Then, I met a little girl named Charlee. And I liked the spelling, and it suited her too. Lol, so I told that story to say, that this name annoys me personally because I simply can't figure out how I like it, and what gender I like it for.Kaitlyn | Name lover | No babies, just planning.
Check out my Name Blog! Latest post 1/20/2015 http://nameloves.blogspot.com/
January 8th, 2014 11:36 AM #74Senior Member
- Join Date
- Dec 2013