Names Searched Right Now:
Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kala_way View Post
    Amen! I really dislike almost all K names
    I'm with you and @potofgold here - I cannot name a single K name which I like, which is sad in a way. And it's the not the sound that puts me off; I find [most] C names, on the other hand, to be very attractive sounding.

Quote Originally Posted by potofgold View Post
    In no particular order...
    8. This one a lot of people will disagree with me on, but Anglicisations of Irish names, and a lot of Anglicisations of names from other cultures (there are some that I don't mind but I can't stand Neve, Keeva, Rosheen, Eefa and Anya for Aine)
    I totally agree with you about Eefa or (shudder) Chevonne, but Anya is a Russian name as well, a variant or diminutive of Anya. It's not just an anglicisation.
    Miriam ~ Helena ~ Estella ~ Beatrice ~ Anastasia ~ Alice ~ Marilla ~ Sarah
    Paul ~ Wesley ~ Walter ~ Edmund ~ Isaac ~ Abram ~ Gabriel

Trying for baby#1
    Avatar: Nathan Altman, Portrait of Anna Akhmatova

Names that just sound like they are trying too hard to stand out or be trendy and classic at the same time but turn out just stale or a bit tacky (mostly celeb or popular names

Ruby
    Edith
    Clementine
    Madison
    Jack
    Wren
    Cora (and variants)
    Adelaide
    Addison
    Delphine

I like but are too overused:

Claire
    Charlotte
    Olivia
    Chloe

As middles (like these are the only middles in the world):

Pearl
    Mae
    Rae
    Rose
    Marie
    Last edited by karateleshi80; November 27th, 2013 at 06:24 AM.
    My two precious girls:

Sophir@ Li

Av@leigh Beth Gwendolyn

Other name combinations I like:

Seth Daniel

Lilah-Rose

1. Welcome
    2. Bloodrayne
    3. Nevaeh
    4. Aaliyah
    5. Jaxon
    6. Mackenzie (or any variant–for girls)
    7. Isobel
    8. Leigh (when pronounced as 'Lee')
    9. Poppy
    10. Renesmee

1. """Unisex""" names with male meanings used on girls. (Madison, Addison, Mackenzie, Emerson, and the like)
    2. Ashley, Tyler and Caitlin, and all of their misspellings. They give me a bratty vibe for some reason.
    3. Aiden and anything that rhymes with it.
    4. Esther. It's celestial and Biblical, two of my favorite qualities in names, but... It just sounds so ugly to me!
    5. Imogen.
    6. Leigh names. (Cayleigh, Ashleigh, Ryleigh, Marleigh, even my own sort of rubs me the wrong way sometimes.) And pretty much any other dumb misspellings.
    7. Toby
    8. Names that rhyme with Hailey and Bailey, that aren't Hailey or Bailey. Especially ridiculous ones. Kailey and Daley, those can still be okay, but I know a Braylee, a Maley, and one of my grandmother's friends now has a granddaughter named Rayleigh! Yuck! Apparently, the woman would cry every time she thought of the name because she hated it so much. Can't say I blame her.
    9. Names with the Bray sound: Braylee, Braylynn, Brayden. It's not pleasing to the ear, at all!
    10. Ruining a perfectly good short name with "Lee" or "Lynn" ending. I hate names like Breelee, and Raelee, Skylynn and Brooklynn. Just stick with the first syllable! No need to add on any more.
    The sad part is, a quick visit to Nameberry could have prevented most of these kids from getting stuck with their awful names. Sigh.
    not expecting, just collecting.