Results 46 to 50 of 315
November 26th, 2013 11:37 AM #46
November 26th, 2013 01:00 PM #48Senior Member
- Join Date
- Oct 2013
In no particular order...
1. Brinley, Kayleigh, Hayley and other lee, leigh and ley names
2. Mc/Mac names especially on girls (Mac means son of so it doesn't make sense) and 'son' names like Emerson and Ellison on girls(because, again, they mean son of...)
3. Most surname names
4. Most boys names on girls (but especially when their meaning makes no sense on a girl)
5. Names with Maddie as a nn (Madison, Madelyn etc)
6. most K names
7. Braxton, Paxton, Jaxon etc
8. This one a lot of people will disagree with me on, but Anglicisations of Irish names, and a lot of Anglicisations of names from other cultures (there are some that I don't mind but I can't stand Neve, Keeva, Rosheen, Eefa and Anya for Aine)
9. Names rhyming with Aidan (Brayden, Kayden, Caiden, Jaden etc) but I actually like Aidan, just not its popularity
10. Misspelt or made up names (Spelling Ava Ayvah doesn't make it any more unique and Nevaeh is just... I don't even know what to say) especially when there are excess 'y's
11. Occupation names like Mason, Archer, Cooper, Pilot, Thatcher
I couldn't cut it down to 10 (I guess I'm quite opinionated when it comes to names :P ) I hope I don't offend anybody
There are definitely some exceptions to these, for example I like Jenson (surname name) and Romilly (originally a male name and it means man of Rome)Just a 20 year old weirdly obsessed with names, no babies in the near future
Aila Anwen Arianwen Aveline Calla Caoimhe Cosima Fionnuala Hazel Hestia Josephine Rowan
Alaric Asa Evander Ezra Jasper Leander Lucas Orion Perseus Ruairi
♥ Hazel Arianwen ♥ Asa Benjamin ♥
♥ Rowan Oriana ♥ Lucas Orion ♥
November 26th, 2013 04:39 PM #50
I have nothing to add in regard to names that hasn't been well covered.
I do, however, want to use this opportunity to lobby for a 'like' button on Nameberry!
I just wanted to 'thumbs up' so many of these posts!
November 26th, 2013 04:58 PM #52Junior Member
- Join Date
- Nov 2013
November 26th, 2013 05:01 PM #54
Amen! I really dislike almost all K names. I guess they just feel trendy and overdone because so many of them are made up.
My own name starts with a K and I feel like it cheapens it.Top Names: Benedict Zeal & Noelle Geneva
Olivia/Livy : Darah/Bethel : Eve/Verity
Eli/Calvin: Luke/Zane: Levi/Phineas
TTC this year!!