Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Genevieve: Too Much V?

I've recently started loving the name Genevieve and think it fits in perfectly with my list of "useable antiques". My only concern is that our last name begins with a V. Does Genevieve sound too smooshed when paired with a Ver- last name? We are nickname people so we'd probably use something Evie part of the time, but I'd hate to use a name that we feel like sounded bad in full with our last name.

I think it depends on how many syllables your ln is. I really like Genevieve V. It's memorable. I don't know why everyone here seems to have a problem with alliteration or "too much (letter.)" If someone has an unusual name with a lot of the same sounds, I'd be more likely to remember who they are.

loco for rococo

✫

fanciful: Twila Posey, Odette Francesca, Orlaith Glimmer, Fianna Ruby, Poet Cadenza, Indie Nell.
    ///             ///             ///    

Ouen Amos, Cillian Ambrose, Oswin Maverick, Casimir Orlando, Oscar Phineas.  

If your last name starts with a "V" sound like the one in Vermont, I like Genevieve with it, since the last "v" in the -ieve part has more of an "f" sound to it. Genevieve "Vermont" would be very cute!

Our last name is a German sounding two syllable name. I actually like alliteration normally. I tried to sell DH on Violet or Victoria V., but he wasn't interested in them. I only worry that the first name ending in a V and the last name beginning with one would make them run together. But I'm glad to hear that you don't think it would be a problem

I don't think it'll be a problem either. And such a beautiful choice!
    Proud mama to L. and S.E.R.

*Magnolia Alice/ Evangeline Clover/ Adelaide Clover/ Athena Violet/ Liliana Wren/
    Osias Grey/ /August Grey/Thatcher Fox/ Ignatius Grey/Hawthorne Flynn*