Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I'm so happy most of you don't think of areola with Ariella! I still don't know if I could convince myself to use it--I don't want to lose Arianne at all!--but I am more open to not keeping it blacklisted.

And omgoodness, I don't know how I missed Luella, Sybella, and Fiorella! And even Adella/Adela (I like Adella much more, even though it's not the proper spelling. I came across Adella first--and said AH (as in apple) - dell-ah as opposed to ah-DELL-ah--so that's how I instinctively say it), which wasn't mentioned, but Della was. I like Fiora more than Fiorella, but Fiorella is pretty cool.

Please keep the ideas coming!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

I have no idea what areola is--that connection is lost on me.
    As for -ella names, I have a few, but what about -bel/Bella names? I find those intriguing, and there's a lot of them that people are unaware of.

Adabella
    Antonella
    Archangella
    Aristella
    Auriella
    Capella
    Novella
    Christabella/Christabel
    Cinderella
    Clarabella
    Consuella
    Corabella
    Daniella
    Donatella
    Elizabella
    Emanuella/Emmanuella
    Estella/Esthella
    Estrella
    Fiorella
    Genovella
    Gracella/Graciella
    Gratziella
    Idella
    Jacquella
    Jenella
    Jezabella
    Luella
    Luciella
    Manuella
    Marcella/Marciella
    Mariabella
    Orabella
    Oriella
    Pamella
    Prunella( this is not one of my favorites)
    Rafaella
    Raquella
    Rochella
    Stella
    Vella
    Vitella

"Wren." Teenberry (14). Far from kids, but name obsessed.
    Current favorites: Clementine Renee | Timea Vesper | Odette Mara/Endellion | Opal Annabeth | Molly Sapphira | Zephyrine Molly | Cleora Lavender | Zephyra Winter | Tallulah Sage | Saskia Ruby/Lotus | Clementine Lucette Arcadia ||
    Hollis Charles | Azure Finnegan | Floyd Peregrin Michael
    GPs: Crimson | Saoirse | Hero | Lotus | Lolita | Bethany | Cameo || Garland

@sadiejosephine - "areola" usually refers to the darker colored skin on the human breast. You can see why I'd be concerned about the tie. I'm not opposed to Bella names, but I'm more thinking about just Ella ones. I'm pretty familiar with most Bella names, and I'm not sure I want to go there, since Isabelle is already my favorite girls' name. I do love Bella and Bella names, though! I like Adabella (also Adorabella), Aristella, Elizabella (Elisabella?), Luella, etc. on your list.

@maggiefromcanada - I had totally forgotten about Antonella, too! With Annie, Ella, and Nell, it certainly is darling. I met the cutest little baby girl (omgoodness!) a week or two ago whose name was Antonella--she was such a baby doll! It still seems a bit too tied Anthony/Antony for me, though. The feminizations I usually like (Georgiana, Charlotte, Josephine, etc.) seem to stand on their own feet--are both strong and sweet and definitely all girl. I have to remind myself that they originated as forms of George, Charles, and Joseph. But I still see Anthony/Antony a bit when I see Antonella (princessy and darling though it is!), so I'm not sure I'd go for it. Besides, I've never been a huge Anthony fan to begin with, so I think that's where my real hesitation lies. I really WANT to like it, though.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

I like Ariella. I didn't connect it to areola until you mentioned it, but now I can see it.

As for ella names, there are two unusual names that I've heard only once and I like both. I met a little girl named Adrielle years ago. Sounds like a combination of Adrienne and Ariel. Her parents called her Elle, but you could make it Ella too. I also met a little girl named Norella and I thought that was unusual and pretty. She went by Nora or Nori though. A friend of mine also had a friend named Zelle that she called Elle. I never met her so I don't know if she ever went by Ella, but you could.

I also like Nella and Nellie (you could call her Ella).