Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mom likes modern names & Dad likes Old-School how do we pick a name?

HI- I tend to lean towards more modern names: Dexter, Brett, Tate, Everett. My husband likes old school names like Mack, Mo, Hank, Don. How do we ever find a name that we both like?

How about an old school name with a modern nn like Theodore nn Theo? If you like the concept, I'll try to come up with some more.
    #1 on the way!
    Why yes, I probably should be working!

Benjamin * Sebastian * Ezra * Edmund * Henry * Hugo * Cormac * Andrew * Winston * Levi * Zev * Theodore

Arabella * Aviva * Ariella * Maeve * Matilda * Eleanor * Catherine * Charlotte * Beatrice

your husband's old school names aren't really traditional, they are just modern names from a different time. I would be willing to bet that there is at least one name that overlaps between the two of you. I would have you each take a baby name book ,my favorite is the baby name wizard's, and write down every name you would consider and then see where you overlap.

Also, the name Cormac comes to mind! And here are few other older/traditional names with more modern nn:

Donovan nn Van
    Winston/Winslow nn Win
    August nn Augie
    Remington nn Remy
    Arthur nn Art or Artie
    Phineas nn Finn
    Elias nn Eli
    Christoper nn Topher
    Alexander nn Lex or Xander
    #1 on the way!
    Why yes, I probably should be working!

Benjamin * Sebastian * Ezra * Edmund * Henry * Hugo * Cormac * Andrew * Winston * Levi * Zev * Theodore

Arabella * Aviva * Ariella * Maeve * Matilda * Eleanor * Catherine * Charlotte * Beatrice

You gotta meet in the middle. How about:

Henry
    Charlie
    Max
    James
    Archie
    Nate/Nathaniel
    Sam
    Jack