Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Do you give names to inanimate objects?!

I call my car Gilbert after the character of Gilbert Blythe in Anne of Green Gables. Some people I know have also "named" their cars, while others think I'm totally bonkers!

Does anyone here do anything similar? Or do you agree that it's completely crazy?! I just love names so much that it's fun to name as many things as possible!!

(I'm sorry if I've put this thread in the wrong place - wasn't sure...)
    直美 Naomi

Lucia Pascale

Avery Edward Francis

I absolutely give names to inanimate objects that I'm very fond of – and they are always anagrams of something meaningful to me.

I recently acquired a Kindle Paperwhite that has become my constant companion. So of course I had to name her: "Celandine Hellspanker." Which is an anagram of "Nephele Carnal's Kindle." (Nephele Carnal is the full screenname that I use on the goth forums I administer.)

Oh wow, Nephele! That's stunning! Love the name!! Makes me feel reassured that I'm not alone!
    直美 Naomi

Lucia Pascale

Avery Edward Francis

I call my car Philip. It started as a joke - it's a SUV and my previous car was a compact so I started calling it Philip as in "fill up" - it stuck and now my friends and family also refer to it by name.

Thanks, kazzjazz! Funny how you arrived at your car's name!! I like how others use it too!
    直美 Naomi

Lucia Pascale

Avery Edward Francis