Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

A Girl Named Stevie

Hi Berries,

I am suddenly in love with Stevie for a girl, I think it is super cute for a little and kind of cool and sophisticated for a woman.

What do you think?

Any ideas for combos, something feminine enough to bring Stevie firmly into girl territory.

Do you think Stevie works better as a first or middle name?

Any ideas for more feminine names that could get to nickname Stevie (besides Stephanie)?

Thanks!
    Last edited by mariemama; November 22nd, 2013 at 02:58 PM.
    Mama of Henry Atlas & Margot Story

Other name loves:

Girls: Phoebe, Ramona, Holiday, Matilda, Susan, Helen
    Boys: Thomas, Ulysses, Odin, Oliver

I love Stevie! Mostly because I associate it with Stevie Nicks and she is sooooo cool!
    I think it works as a first name. It's cute and spunky.
    I am terrible at combos so I'll leave that to the experts..

I like the connection to Stevie Nicks, but I'm personally not a fan of the name Stevie. I can see it as a cute spunky nickname for something fuller and more feminine though! Unfortunately Stevie is pretty tied to the Stephanie variants. Stevanna is the only one that I could see fitting in with the rest of your list.

My favorite unrelated-to-Stephen suggestion would be Svetlana! I feel like she'd need a quirky word name middle to fit in with your list.
    Svetlana Wren
    Svetlana Plum
    Svetlana Day
    Svetlana Clover
    Svetlana Dare (as in Virginia Dare)
    Svetlana Maple
    Svetlana True
    Svetlana Piper (This one might be my favorite. It has that same mix of softly feminine and spiritedly spunky that makes up the rest of your list!)

Another idea would be to use Stevie as a smoosh nickname for combos that contain the same sounds. For example:
    Stella Eve
    Stella Reverie
    Story Evelyn
    Story Everly
    Story Genevieve

And if you want to get REALLY offbeat, there's the Stevia plant, which is used as a sugar replacement because of the sweetness of its juice. Or the Tolkien name, Evenstar.

Good luck! This was fun ^_^
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Tobias Rowan ~ Caspian _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Wren ~ Juliet Snow ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ Cosima Rose ~ River Seraphine ~ Elowen Briar

GPs
    Narnia Rose, Astoria nn Story, Illyria, Serafina, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Kenshin, Remiel, Atreyu

How about using Stella and a 'v' middle name? Stella Vivian, Stella Verity, Stella Valentine
    Last edited by lis09; November 22nd, 2013 at 04:45 PM.

I know a Stevie in real life. She is naturally a larger sized woman. She was the manager at a gym and everyone assumed she was a man. "No, i wanted to speak with Stevie." "You are speaking with Stevie, I am her." was not uncommon a thing to hear.
    Wanting to be pregnant.