Names Searched Right Now:

Thoughts and New Combo Ideas?

Opinions and new combo suggestions? :-) After being told that Beatrice & Mabel are 'disgusting' and being asked which grandmother's grave I dug them up from, I think I'm in need of reassurance.

Beatrice Helena
    Mabel Henrietta
    Maude Fiammetta
    Dorothy Isabella
    Margaret Sophia
    Eleanor Josephine
    Marilla Charlotte
    Honora Catherine
    Adelaide Sophia
    Aurelia Catherine
    Sophia Catherine

Names I like as MN's but can't find an old fashioned FN for:

Fiorella
    Pomeline (pom-ehl-leen)
    Arabella
    Titania
    "While some of the brightest of our celestial bodies are actually extinct now, their energy long since cooled; miraculously, because they float in the heavens so far away from us now, their beautiful light will continue to shine on us forever, and the glow will be so bright, it'll warm your heart, it'll make your eyes glisten, and it'll make you think to yourselves; what a concept"

Obviously, the person you told doesn't know a thing about vintage charm or naming trends. I think your style is fine and perhaps you're ahead of the curve If this is the reaction you get, perhaps it's best to keep your favourites a secret. Or post them here on Nameberry so we can fave about them!

Beatrice Helena - two gorgeous names with so many wonderful literary associations
    Mabel Henrietta - Mabel is lovely and this combo flows nicely
    Maude Fiammetta - clunky meets frilly and it works!
    Dorothy Isabella - I like Dorothy (and Dorothea) but Isabel not so much. Just Isabel/Isobel are fine.
    Margaret Sophia - I like the first but Sophia has been done to death.
    Eleanor Josephine - Majestic, strong and elegant. Fave on your list.
    Marilla Charlotte - I love the mn much more than the first name
    Honora Catherine - this is ok
    Adelaide Sophia - I like Adelaide but Sophia is overused.
    Aurelia Catherine - I love Aurelia and I don't know why it doesn't get more attention. "Golden" is a pretty awesome meaning.
    Sophia Catherine - I prefer just Sophie as it sounds friendlier and more approachable. The combo is pretty though.

Sybil Fiorella
    Frances Pomeline
    Iris Arabella
    Eulalie Titania
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Quote Originally Posted by mischa View Post
    Obviously, the person you told doesn't know a thing about vintage charm or naming trends. I think your style is fine and perhaps you're ahead of the curve If this is the reaction you get, perhaps it's best to keep your favourites a secret. Or post them here on Nameberry so we can fave about them!

Beatrice Helena - two gorgeous names with so many wonderful literary associations
    Mabel Henrietta - Mabel is lovely and this combo flows nicely
    Maude Fiammetta - clunky meets frilly and it works!
    Dorothy Isabella - I like Dorothy (and Dorothea) but Isabel not so much. Just Isabel/Isobel are fine.
    Margaret Sophia - I like the first but Sophia has been done to death.
    Eleanor Josephine - Majestic, strong and elegant. Fave on your list.
    Marilla Charlotte - I love the mn much more than the first name
    Honora Catherine - this is ok
    Adelaide Sophia - I like Adelaide but Sophia is overused.
    Aurelia Catherine - I love Aurelia and I don't know why it doesn't get more attention. "Golden" is a pretty awesome meaning.
    Sophia Catherine - I prefer just Sophie as it sounds friendlier and more approachable. The combo is pretty though.

Sybil Fiorella
    Frances Pomeline
    Iris Arabella
    Eulalie Titania
    Thank you, I think you're right about them not knowing the vintage trends! I'm not sure if I'm ahead of the curve or if I'm just following the English trends, but thank you :-)

I love Frances Pomeline and Iris Arabella! I liked Dorothy Isobel, but felt Isobel went better with Dorothea and Dorothy needed something more popular to balance it. Do you have any suggestions to replace Sophia for Margaret&Adelaide? I like Sophia, but I do agree it's been done to death. I do like Charlotte though :-) Perhaps I'll have to add Charlotte Titania or Charlotte Fiorella to my list
    "While some of the brightest of our celestial bodies are actually extinct now, their energy long since cooled; miraculously, because they float in the heavens so far away from us now, their beautiful light will continue to shine on us forever, and the glow will be so bright, it'll warm your heart, it'll make your eyes glisten, and it'll make you think to yourselves; what a concept"