37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Arianne Eleanor Daisy

15 40.54%
  • Arianne Eleanor Kate

22 59.46%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kate or Daisy?

Kate or Daisy?

Since I've been tossing around flower names, the combo Arianne Eleanor Daisy has really grown on me, and I'm toying around with swapping out my other Ari combo (Arianne Eleanor Kate) for it. Either way, the second middle honors my mom--her name is a variant of Katherine, and Kate is obviously a nn for it, and my earliest and fondest memories of her are in her garden and flower beds, so Daisy is a nod to that. Both have pros and cons for me, so I'm just curious which people prefer.

If you want a dummy surname, use Roberts--it's pretty similar. I very well could end up adopting alone, and then my child would take my own surname, but I might not adopt until I marry. Either way, adoption, not to mention marriage, is several years' time away, so it's mainly hypothetical at this point. What sort of surname, do you think, would sound better with Kate as opposed to Daisy? (Just out of curiosity!)

Thanks, ladies!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

Edited for privacy.
    Last edited by saracita00; January 18th, 2014 at 08:45 AM.
    My March arrival:
    Dulcinea Tesla
    We call her Daisy
    in honor of my mom.

Ah, Ari! For a sentimental reason that you're the one who opens my eyes to Arianne's beauty, I really hope someday you'll actually have a daughter with this name. (it's true. I do love Ariadne for a long time, but I never saw Arianne's appeal until I read you description about her).

I love both Daisy and Kate here, but slightly prefer Arianne Eleanor Kate, for the reason Amy has pointed.
    Call me Cynthia, Angie, or Luna. 22. Name nerd.

Clemency | Clementine | Juliette | Helena | Isabelle | Annabelle | Evangeline | Seraphina | Rosalind | Violetta
    Vanessa | Audrey | Ariadne | Callista | Belphoebe | Bellatrix | Lyra | Valencia | Valentina | Laetitia | Cytherea
    Gavriel | Hermes | Flynn | James | Orion | Alexander | Caspian | Peregrine | Marius | Altair
    Callum | Cadmus | Jason | Perseus | Theseus | Oliver | Éomund | Luca | Amias

Kate sounds more metropolitan. Daisy sounds more like it floats within a Southern wealthy world. Both are classy!

I think in this case I prefer Daisy as the second middle name. Eleanor is a strong sounding name and I think Daisy softens it a bit. Kate is more abrupt.
    All the best,
    Mischa.