Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    It gets my resounding "yay". Victor Ulysses Gale has everything going for it - gorgeous flow, handsome and strong sound, beautiful looking on the written page, special meaning etc...The middle spot is the perfect place to be "guilty pleasure" names. I would call him "Gale" if you have to choose a nn.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Victor Ulysses Gale is handsome, strong but not "butch", and sounds very intellectual. It's great that it has so much meaning for you. I don't think Ulysses really needs a nickname, it's only three syllables and lots of people with three-syllable names don't use one. Lots of people come up with their own nicknames not derived from their given names, if he wants one when he's older.
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Scarlett, Portia, Felicity, Juliet
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Prospero, Orlando, Darcy

I like the name, but you're right, it's hard to peg a good nn for Ulysses. And, just my opinion, but why not Grant instead of Gale? ;P In any case, of your other suggestions, I liked Beauregard, Peregrine, Mathias, & Roux(the last two are my favorites.
    Other suggestions:
    Ames.
    Beau
    Finn/Quinn
    Gil
    Rhys/Reese/Reed/Reeve/Reeves.
    Fritz
    Lou
    Dex

Gigantic Yes! Victor Ulysses Gale is weighty and literary without being over-the-top. Your other names are nice, but Victor Ulysses Gale is a solid top choice.

Victor Ulysses Gale is a strong, handsome combo. I like that Victor honors a special person.
    Maebry Eloise o Emilia Sunday o Annabel Birdie
    Piers Lachlan o Roan August o Gray Everett
    -------- o -------- ~ o ~ -------- o --------

heart my son