Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I plan on using Lilith for one of my future daughters. To be honest, the fact that Lilith, Adam's first wife, refused to submit to him is a pro for me. The woman was then portrayed to be a demon by a male dominated society. I think Lilith is a perfectly usable, beautiful and kick-ass name for a girl
    Name lover

Girls: Lilith, Francesca, Viola, Azalea, Coralie, Thalia
    Boys: Zachary, Alexander, Tristan, Michael, Charlies/Charlie

Bunny names:
    M: Banjo, Chewbacca
    F: Kairi, Pika
    Uni: Bantha, Domino, Tadpole

My blog: http://thereviewinators.wordpress.com/

I agree with sweekune. That fact that Lilith wanted to be her own woman seems strong to me, not demonic like the men who wrote the thing portrayed her. I like the name. It's one of my favorite Lil- names.

I know someone whose middle name is Lilith. Her first is Pandora so it's a little too much "bad girl" in one name for me, but it is being used! :P

For middles:

Lilith Alexandra
    Lilith Catherine
    Lilith Jade
    Lilith Joy
    Lilith Ivy
    Lilith Josephine
    Lilith Aurora
    Lilith Cecilia
    Lilith Viviana
    Lilith Amelia
    Lilith Anastasia
    Lilith Delphine
    Lilith Margo
    Lilith Rosalie
    Lilith Seraphine

And my guilty pleasure combo with Lilith is Lilith Hecate (heh-KAY-tee). It sounds awesome but Hecate is a dark goddess and Lilith already has some dark connotations :P
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

Kith nor Kin -- http://kithnorkin.blogspot.com/ Chapter 30 and Epilogue is up. It's done!
    Angel's Art -- https://www.facebook.com/danteasart
    http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

It's great to see that other don't see it as a really evil name. It's my favorite Lil- name.

Dantea, I absolutely adore Lilith Seraphine. So gorgeous.
    Thank you!
    Could you check out this thread please? I'll return the favor. Send me a PM.
    Link 1 and Link 2

Alice Hermione, Madeleine ?, Lilith Seraphine, Caroline Hazel, Rosemary Gloria, Hana Felicity, James Alaric Matthew, Henry Elijah/Henry Marcellus, Alexander Lucian Godfrey & Sebastian Rhys
    Not pregnant. Just collecting names. AthenaDanielle

I take all Biblical references when it comes to the portrayal of women with a grain of salt. We have to remember that the great book was written by men for men. It was written in a time of extreme patriarchy when woman were the property of the men in the family. Society had a strict code of behaviour and any woman who defied the "rules" suffered the consequences. Lilith was a strong woman and that didn't sit well with the males in charge. Instead of celebrating her strength, the men demonized her (probably in the hope that other women would know their place and not make any trouble). Many females have suffered the same fate over the years. I think Liliith is quite pretty and definitely usable. Lilith Seraphine is gorgeous!
    Last edited by mischa; November 21st, 2013 at 03:53 PM.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Mischa, I never knew that about the bible. I'm not religious so I don't know much about it. That is good to know now. I love Lilith, but I was worried that people would automatically relate to it's demonic connections more than the name itself.
    Could you check out this thread please? I'll return the favor. Send me a PM.
    Link 1 and Link 2

Alice Hermione, Madeleine ?, Lilith Seraphine, Caroline Hazel, Rosemary Gloria, Hana Felicity, James Alaric Matthew, Henry Elijah/Henry Marcellus, Alexander Lucian Godfrey & Sebastian Rhys
    Not pregnant. Just collecting names. AthenaDanielle