Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

He's Beautiful. Love, Love, Love.

Clark Ebenezer joined our family early on Monday, November 18th.

Clark is my mother's maiden name and was on the short list for our other boys. My husband doesn't remember, but he had always vetoed it. This time around he was the one who pushed for it and as the pregnancy progressed it grew on me till I knew it was the one. I am so pleased with its crisp, handsome charm and I feel it suits him. I also feel like it connects me more closely to my grandparents, whose lives I admire so much.

Ebenezer is biblical and means "stone of help." "Then Samuel took a a stone, and set it between Mizpeh and Shen, and called the name of it Eben-ezer, saying, Hitherto hath the Lord helped us." 1 Samuel 7:12

It is a symbol or monument of how the Lord carries us through our trials. I have also always loved the hymn "Come thou fount of every blessing" which references the story of Samuel in the second verse. "Here I raise mine Ebenezer, hither by thine help I've come. And I hope by thy good pleasure safely to arrive at home."

I fell so hard for Clark Ebenezer as a combination of everything that was important to me that we really stopped considering anything else. With his arrival I am more confident than ever that it is meant to be his name. I have also fallen in love with my how my older children call him baby Clark.
    Mom to Henry, Mollie, Gideon, and expecting Clark Ebenezer in November.

Fantastic name - so happy for you & your family on the arrival of little Clark!
    Mummy of One:

Dominic Jameson: 3rd November 2013

That's wonderful! And I love how the name is so meaningful for you; great description, too, and I never thought of Ebenezer that way--to me it was always just Scrooge and three Christmas ghosts. Thanks for the new insight! God bless!

Lovely name! Congrats!
    Current Favorite Names for Little Beastie due October 2014:

Sequoia Gideon
    Cytheria Dwyn

Congrats - what a wonderful name story!
    Adelaide, Annabel, Audrey, Aurelia, Avalon, Catherine, Daisy, Elizabeth, Felicity, Gemma, Genevieve, Helena, Isabeau, January, June, Juniper, Juno, Kate, Laine, Liv, Lucy, Luna, Matilda, Mira, Pearl, Penelope, Seraphina, Snow, Tessa, Vesper, Violet, Winter

Asher Gregory James . Leo Sebastian North
    Archer, August, Beau, Benjamin, Caspian, Daniel, Donovan, Felix, Finn, Florin, Flynn, Forest, Fox, Hugo, Joshua, Vaughn