Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Names from the book I'm reading: girls names on boys

So, I started reading A Lick of Frost by Laurell K Hamilton. She's got some really interestingly named boys in there and I decided to share them.

These are some girls names on boys in that book:

Crystall -- yes with two Ls
    Holly
    Aisling
    Usna -- It might not be a girl name but it sounds like one

Mixed in with boys named :

Doyle
    Frost
    Galen
    Rhys
    Mistral
    Abeloec
    Taranis

Thoughts? Any weird or interesting name finds from your life recently?
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

Hmm, I don't think I'd ever use Crystal, Holly or Aisling on a boy! Those are all-girl to me. (And Mistral, to me, is a font.) I am fond of Gale, though, and I like the French Jean, though I could certainly never use it now given my second daughter's name.

I'm reading "The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao" by Junot Diaz right now. It's a fantastic novel and there are some very interesting names in there, too. The title character's mother is named Hypatia Belicia and his grandfather is Abelard. (Come to think of it, the author's name is pretty awesome, as well.)

Hmmm... a bit weird. I have been liking Orla recently after listening to Orla Gartland's new songs. Nothing weird though [unless you count familiar but dated names like Geraldine]

Holly is awesome on a boy, although not even vaguely usable. I think it would be adorable as a nn for Hollis if it wasn't already so firmly a girl's name. If Olly works as a boy's name, why not Holly? I prefer Aisling on a girl, though.
    Teen writer, pianist, sci-fi geek, cat-owner and name enthusiast.

Calvin Augustus ~ Matilda Josephine
    Roland | Walter | Alonzo | Orson | Beatrice | Elspeth | Agatha | Sunny
    Fitzgerald | Winston | Montgomery | Hugo | Clemency | Zelda | Astrid | Ophelia

I think it would be easier for a girl to have a more boyish name than for a boy to bear a girly name. As for odd names I've run across recently, I know a friend who is a published writer, and the book she's working on has a main character named Hortense. Others?
    There was a man named Shepard in a book I'd read recently. Also, on angels, the names Shirley, Goodness, Mercy, and Will ;D Aren, for a boy, also.