Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    I'm so sorry about your father. Your experience with your dad sounds much like what it was with my grandmother in 2010 just before she passed--she was diagnosed with lung cancer (that eventually metastasized to her pancreas), and it was just a really sad situation. She had been living with my cousin, but his wife really hated my grandmother, I think, and refused to feed her, and she was pretty much starving to death. So we brought her to my house, and while I loved that I got closure with her and got to spend more time with her... I was also with her when she died. Which is still such a hard thing to remember. It's so hard to watch someone you love die like that. I'm just glad she's not suffering anymore.

Arthur Rigby sounds like a great way to honor him, and the nn Bear is so cute! I love it. In general, I like Espen more, but I feel like many people are going to think you're hardcore ESPN fans. I think Arthur Rigby works much better in general.

Can I ask what your son's name is? Maybe the nn Bear goes better with it than Arthur in full does?
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

Sorry to hear this! I'm with everyone else, in that I think honoring your father is the way to go, and Arthur just so happens to be a fantastic name anyway. I do like your idea of Rigby Arthur though, not so much because of the r's running into each other the other way around (Arthur Rigby)--that actually doesn't even bother me--but more because then you get to keep Asher Boone!

All the best to you and your dad.
    Some current considerations:

Cora Madeleine | Etta Rosalie | Hazel Miranda | Margot Eliza | Sylvie Coraline | Vivienne Esme
    Archer Daniel | Callum Sawyer | Emmett Sebastian | Ezra Byrne | Leo Vincent | Rhys Anderson

I would also use Arthur. Good luck!
    Theodore Arthur

I actually prefer Arthur to Espen, and and think the sweet family connection adds so much to the name as well. You won't regret Arthur. Best wishes to your dad.
    Current favorites: Olive, Louise/Louisa, Magdalene/Madeline, Phillipa, Talitha, Mallory, Blythe, Eliza, Mercy, Talia; Calvin, Charles, Gideon, Abram, Jude, Reuben, George, Reid, Clark, Holden.

Arthur Rigby or Rigby Arthur, either way it makes a great name, and I prefer either to Espen. Or you could switch to one of your other combos that also honor your dad -- but usually the more direct route to an "honor" name is best. I'm terribly sorry about your father right now though.
    My March arrival:
    Dulcinea Tesla
    We call her Daisy
    in honor of my mom.