Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Which name for our boy?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Frederick Luke

13 16.67%
  • Frederick Darcy

31 39.74%
  • Darcy Luke

1 1.28%
  • William Luke

10 12.82%
  • William Darcy

23 29.49%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Thank you so much for your replies. I'm writing with my iPhone - sorry in advance for any mistakes.

I'm surprised and happy with the overwhelming positive response to Frederick. This gives me a bit more confidence to use it.

@saracito00 Freddo Frog is a chocolate here.

And thanks everyone for pointing out the Fitzwilliam Darcy connection. I wouldn't have noticed that.

Personally, I love the name Luke. I would use this as the first name. However, all the names you've chosen are handsome.
    Ulysses/ Godiva/ Valhalla/ Valkyrja/ Kyrja/ Kara

Seabrook | Lyon | Falcon | Lucius Artorius | Bardyllis | Chivalry | Whiskey | Varro | Auberon | Sovereign

Winter Rose | Emerald | Autumn Grace | Hazel | Maebry | Ulyssia | Pandora Rose | Alaska | Summer Eve | Charlett | Ivy | Asfodelle | Marquesa | Titania | India Ruby | Ulissa | Isabeau | Liberty | Vivaldi | Ferelith | Juniper | Violet | Odette Leda Snow | Utopia | Hero | Hermione

Please, please pick Frederick! I love this name so much. My son is Frederik (without the c). I was on the fence before he was born as well, but now that he is here, I can't imagine him with any other name. It's strong, handsome, and classic. I think it's a great choice. Good luck and congrats!
    mother to Louisa (born 11/22/2010) and Frederik (born 2/19/2013)

I love Frederick! I also think it's a better fit for your possible girl names. For me, Darcy is a female name (I'm in the US) but I do love Jane Austen so I think it would be safe in the middle. My fav is Frederick Luke. And Freddie is just darling! As far as family names go, that is a very personal decision for you and your husband to make. We did use family names for middles in all our kids names and also for my oldest daughters first name. I personally love doing it. But again, it is important for you and your husband to decide this, not anyone else. Best of luck!
    Mom to... Augustine Mark "Augie", India Marie "Indie", Theodore Odell "Teddy" and Philippa Lee "Pippa"

Frederick Darcy is perfection.

I love Darby on a boy, maybe that's why I'm Darcy-friendly.
    Last edited by ollieollie; November 20th, 2013 at 05:13 PM.