Names Searched Right Now:

Some Odd, Somewhat Interesting Name Finds

Today, I received a pamphlet filled with the names of couples who had celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary in the past year--my grandparents included. I actually read through the entire six full pages of names, and thought someone on here might be interested in some of the more unusual finds. A good handful don't have entries here on Nameberry.

BOYS

GIRLS

Personally, I would like to meet whoever Boomiza is and ask what her name is all about--that one takes the cake for me. On the other hand, I'm kind of on board with Velia, Marda, and Elma. Anyone else hear of some unusual, or ethnic names courtesy of the older generation, lately? I've noticed that most of the unusual names I hear are coming from young people.

I live in a very Italian and Scandinavian neighborhood, so I hear a lot of ethnic names. Most people have probably never heard of Tuukka or Pasquale or Letizia, but I hear those names more than Sophia and Caden! Lol most of the older generations don't even speak English and came over straight from Italy and Finland. I met two old Italian men today, one called Bennedetto (Bain-eh-DAY-toe) and one called Ettore (Ate-TOR-uh). And an old-ish Finn a couple weeks ago I think was called Ylermi. I was just looking at a photo ID and I'd never heard that name before, it definitely caught my attention...

I come from an Italian family myself, so I'm familiar with some ethnic names from that neck of the woods. We actually have a close family friend named Pasquale. Ettore could be an interesting name choice! Sure to have some pronunciation issues, like many ethnic names, though.

It wasn't recently but I remember reading the local paper early this year and there was an 50th/or 60th wedding anniversary announcement for a lady called Samia. I cannot recall what her husband's name was though.
    Ingrid | Kit | Susanna | Alistair