View Poll Results: Which Anne of Green Gables Names Do You Like?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Matthew

8 12.12%
  • Gilbert

14 21.21%
  • Fred

1 1.52%
  • Walter

9 13.64%
  • Jem

16 24.24%
  • Owen

13 19.70%
  • Kenneth

1 1.52%
  • Moody

3 4.55%
  • Spurgeon

0 0%
  • Billy

1 1.52%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Which Anne of Green Gables Names Do You Like?

And for what reason?

I've never read the series, so I really have no personalities to attach to the names, but based on the names themselves, I like Owen the best. I love its simple, handsome, quiet, understated, rugged Gaelic masculinity. Matthew would have been my second favorite--I love the Biblical character, and I've just always liked Matthew. I also love the nns Matt/Matty. I think it's so sweet and classic, and the idea of a little boy named Matty is just adorable to me.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle + Arianne + Olivia + Violet + Charlotte + Emmeline + Eleni + Grace + Eva + Catherine
    Caleb + Everett + Jack + Avery + Samuel + Zane + Declan + Caspar + Grant + Rory
    Zoe + Adele + Lilian + Felicity + Julia + Aurora + Ella + Kaia + Audrey + Carolina + Leona
    Schuyler + Judah + Rowan + Boaz + Emerson + Thomas + Dashiell + Pax + Peter + Donovan

Gilbert & Walter are my absolute favorites, maybe because I adore the characters, but LM gave them great names.
    若兰

I'm just a third-culture girl with an affinity for names.

In loving memory of Margot

Me Too

Gilbert is an irresistible name to me and Walter is soft yet strong like the character.

I voted for Gilbert because I love the character. Plus, I think Gil is a great nickname!
    Mommy to Rosamund Hazel March 2011, Elowen Louise June 2013, & Barrett Irwin Patrick due July 2015

Just for fun ~ Adeline Georgia, Katharine Opal, Lavinia Lucille, Matilda Emma June, Wilhelmina May
    Donahue Warren, Finnegan James, Hugo Johannes, Rudyard Christian, Silas Gregory

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above" ~ James 1:17