Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Gender-ambigous naming

Hello, Nameberries!

I am posting here my slightly-unconventional request, please do not be alarmed.

My whole life, I felt that I need a second name. Recently, I decided to actually go change it. However, I need to choose myself a name.

I am looking for a gender-ambigous (aka unisex) name that works abroad (think Israel) as well as in countries such as the UK and the USA. Ideally, while being gender-ambigous, it will lean slightly toward female. If you do not know anything about names abroad, it is not that necessary.

My first name, in case anyone was wondering, is Tal.

Thank you for all of your suggestions!

Noa was the first name that popped into my head. Noa is a legitimate girls name in Israel and even though they're not related, people would often view it as a feminine version of Noah. Michal/Michael, Ariel/Ari, Asa, Akiva and Elisha would be other options that are used in both countries for both genders. You may want to review some gender neutral lists on the internet to get some cross cultural ideas. Good luck in your name search.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Note:
    Noa is strictly feminine. Very strictly. I have never heard even the thought of such a name as unisex. It is, however, very pretty. It is not related to Noah.
    Michal/Michael and Ari/Ariel are two pairs of related names, and they are both spoken and spelled differently, so while nice, they are sleightly less helpful.

I did one of those searches, that is how I got here, but either they proved mediocre or I proved incapable of finding desirable names.

Thank you for pitching in!

What about Sasha?

Others that may work include
    Alexis
    Nicola
    Misha
    Pascal(e)
    Valerie/Valery

The internet suggests these are unisex Hebrew names:
    Noam - seems more masculine here because of Noam Chomsky
    Aviv
    Aviya
    Lior
    Moran
    Ori

I know a woman named Ariel who lives in Israel (and who pronounces her name the Hebrew way), and yes I know it's primarily used for men in Israel. It does lean feminine in the west.