Names Searched Right Now:
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: How many?

My DP comes from a family of 5, I'm eldest of 2. We both said when we decided to have kids that we wanted 6 or 7. We always hoped for twins somewhere down the line as we started having kids quite late. We've just had our 4th at 43, so don't think we'll be having any more, but if I was younger I'd do it again and again.
    Mum to Mousie, Foo, Bumptious and Pudding.

My husband wants 3. If he wanted more, though, I'd be thrilled. We both come from families with 3 kids and I always wanted more siblings when I was growing up. We might compromise on 4. But anyway, if he wanted to, I'd like to have 5 or 6.
    Lucy & Hazel & Nora & Alice & Sophie
    Henry & Rowan & Milo & Oliver & Ezra

I have a feeling I might be the odd one out here--I've known a number of large families(8-13 kids large). Although they weren't the inspiration for it, I have almost always wanted 12. However, I'm not married yet-- Future DH/Husband-to-be might want some say in that! ;D I'm definitely hoping for 6 at the minimum, though, and however many more we get! Also thinking seriously about adoption.

Ugh. I don't have a SO, so I can't really answer this.

But my mom has 7 siblings and my dad has 9. They end up with two kids. I actually don't understand how can people manage to take care of so many kids today.. if it is up to me, mymaximum number is 4.
    Call me Cynthia, Angie, or Luna. 22. Name nerd.

Clemency | Clementine | Juliette | Helena | Isabelle | Annabelle | Evangeline | Seraphina | Rosalind | Violetta
    Vanessa | Audrey | Ariadne | Callista | Belphoebe | Bellatrix | Lyra | Valencia | Valentina | Laetitia | Cytherea
    Gavriel | Hermes | Flynn | James | Orion | Alexander | Caspian | Peregrine | Marius | Altair | Lucias
    Callum | Cadmus | Jason | Perseus | Theseus | Oliver | Éomund | Stellan | Amias

I come from a family of 3, DH is from a family of 2 with 13 years in between, so he really is more like an only child.

We used to talk about wanting 2 or 4, I was against the odd numbers. But then we had infertility, and finally had 1 son. Then we were so absorbed with him, and my mom got sick, that we lost a few years. And then we added another round of infertility and a miscarriage... I got really comfortable with the idea of a small family with only 1 child.

And then I got pregnant with twin boys! I'm almost 34, and the DH is 44. We're done. We will barely have enough room for 3 children, and if I can't guarantee a daughter, I'm not doing this again. Besides, if we wait 5 years again, the DH would be 50 yrs old. Too old.

My perfect number is now 3.
    Mom to:
    Weston Christopher, July 2008
    Keegan Nathaniel,
    Dec. 12, 2013
    Sebastian Miller,
    Dec. 12, 2013

Current loves:
    ~ Emerson ~ Eden ~ Rosalind ~ Caroline ~ Matilda ~ Gemma ~

~ Landon ~ Kellan ~ Asher ~ Griffin ~ Archer ~ Edison ~ Holden ~ Harrison ~ Elliot ~