Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: How many?

How many?

My SO is a big time family man.
    He comes from a very large Italian family and they are all really close (he even wants to honeymoon in Italy to go see some of them...)
    I think because of that, he wants a large family himself.
    We definitely decided on having one together at one point...but I know he wants even more than 6. (He keeps jokingly saying 50...haha!)

Anyway, got me thinking.
    If your SO/DH wanted a big family, how many would you agree to?
    Curious as to what the average would be.
    My princess [11/24/09], my little man [4/25/10], my munchkin [2/13/12], and my boys [12/3/13]

Who are you to judge the life I live? I’m not perfect and I don’t live to be. But, before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean. ~ Bob Marley

~Pertussis (whooping cough) can be a fatal disease, especially in infants~
    Rest peacefully Lily Reece

We agreed along time to 2. And right now we have one and a half ...
    I always wanted 3 kids but he's always been firm on two and now that I have one I feel like two is going to be the right number for us personally.
    I grew up in a family of three and so did he. I think what's right for you has a lot to do with you, your family background and your kids.
    You'll know in your heart when enough kids is enough.

We have agreed on two, mostly because we don't believe in intentionally replacing more than ourselves. We used to want a big family, a very very long time ago our perfect number was seven. A very long time, about seven years now. I think my absolute maximum, if my partner wanted a big family, would be four. I don't think that that's an unusually large group, and it seems like it might still be manageable for me.

Of course, that's just me. You'll know when your family's complete.
    Mommy to Mr. Ivan Eli

Hoping a little too hard for Killian Bram . Angus Rex . Dexter Linus . Remy Wolfram . Rex Oliver . Wren Winter . Starling Delilah . Augusta Fox . Zinnia Axelle . Thora Violet

Hubby and I agree to have no more than four even though we want two only at the moment. So if we wanted a big family I would only feel comfortable with four. There is nothing wrong with wanting a big family but, you should try and work out finances. I personally feel like after all bills we have making at least 10,000 income per person in the household is a good guide line for us. I like to be able to make funds.. like date night, college and travel. Right now we bring in enough money to support us and one baby. Hopefully we will get better jobs and can have another. I figured it might help you choose how many you wanted by making a financial plan.
    ~Alice~
    A little boy is joining our family around May 25, 2014.

Top 2 Names: Theodore and Ronan.

Well so far we're definitely the odd ones out.

@babyninja143 Yes of course being able to afford the children is a big factor.
    I wouldn't want to bring a child into this world and then struggle to put them through college.
    My princess [11/24/09], my little man [4/25/10], my munchkin [2/13/12], and my boys [12/3/13]

Who are you to judge the life I live? I’m not perfect and I don’t live to be. But, before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean. ~ Bob Marley

~Pertussis (whooping cough) can be a fatal disease, especially in infants~
    Rest peacefully Lily Reece