Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Narrowing down to top 5

Girls names feels so much easier this time around. We would very much appreciate your help with narrowing our boys list down to a top 5 (5-ish).

This is our list, with some questions and thoughts from us.

Alexander - is it boring? And does it fit in with our other childrens names?
    Henry - a solid classic, but maybe it's too classical?
    Lucas
    Felix
    Frederick - is hee doomed to be a Freddie among others? I like Freddie, I just think it's a shame to let Frederick get 'lost in translation'.
    Patrick - does it sound okay with our surname, Knight?
    Maxwell
    Jonathan - does it fit in, or does it have a different kind of vibe?
    Robin - Too informal? We live in the UK, so the gender would be pretty clear
    Casper - too ghostly? And maybe childish?
    Arthur - Does it sounds ridiculous with surname Knight? Arthur Knight?

How would your top 5 look like?

Thank you.
    -Rosemary
    Mama to Edward ('02), Adelaide ('05), Isaac ('06), Oliver ('10), twins Sebastian & Eleanor ('11) and Felix ('14)

Emily • Nineteen • United States
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Caroline

Not expecting, just love collecting names!

My name is Erin. I am 22 years old and I have loved baby names since I was 10.

Girl names: Juliet Elaine, Madeline Hope, Linnea Carys, Stella Rose, Emilia Colette, Clara Noelle, Violet Elizabeth, Lydia Charlotte, Elaine Victoria, Evelyn Ruby

Boy names: Jonathan Rhys, Wesley Quinn, Evan Robert, Joel Dominic, Quinn Patrick, Dawson Cole, Judah Nathaniel, Rhys Jeremiah, Roman Gabriel, Lachlan Jude

Really loving Henry and Casper! Although I prefer the Caspar spelling, or even the Kaspar/Kasper ones (something about Casper just doesn't sit right with me, for some reason...) To round out the five, I would add Felix, Frederick (Freddie's adorable. I'm just the opposite--I'd go for Frederick just to get to Freddie; plus, my beloved Jane Austen connection with Persuasion!), and Patrick, I think. Although I could be convinced for Alexander; I do like that a lot, as well, and I love his nicknames.

Now I'm insanely jealous--what does your girls' list look like? I remember you had tossed around Emmeline a while ago, and I still really loved that with your other ones.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle + Arianne + Olivia + Violet + Charlotte + Emmeline + Eleni + Grace + Audrey + Eva + Catherine + Tess + Zoe
    Caleb + Everett + Jack + Avery + Samuel + Zane + Brody + Declan + Caspar + Grant + Rory + Thomas + Peter

Ok--keepers to go with Edward, Isaac, Oliver, Sebastian:

Alexander
    Henry
    Felix
    Maxwell
    Arthur
    Patrick

That was pretty easy actually. I find Frederick/Freddie too similar to Edward/Ed/Eddie/Ned; Jonathan too similar to Sebastian; Lucas too similar to Isaac; Casper too non-traditional; Robin just don't like; I added Patrick back as a 6th. I guess Alexander and Arthur share an ending with Oliver, but that doesn't bother me enough to be eliminated. My faves tho are Henry, Felix and Maxwell.