Names Searched Right Now:

Movie-goers I need your help! (Ashley/'87/Country)

I need your help. I've been trying to locate the name of the movie that has a character my mom named me after. It'd be nice to see how my mom was influenced by this character to name me after her.

Character Name: Ashley
    Theme: pioneer times
    Year: 1987 or before

She said it was a Linda Purl movie and it was sort of a "Little House on the Prairie" kind of movie. A strong woman named Ashley was traveling... through the country I guess. But I Googled Linda Purl and the only time I see she played a character named Ashley was in the TV show, "Happy Days." I was born in 1987.... so trying to find movies filmed that year or prior with a character named Ashley, but so far nothing.

Anyone know what movie it could possibly be?

Thank you for any leads

I've been through all her films from 1987 backwards.

I can find a male character with the surname Ashley in a show 'What Really Happened to the Class of '65?'

It is the only reference to any character called Ashley I can find prior to 1987 in her whole career.
    English - Expecting May/June 2015 - not finding out the gender
    Lists are a work in progress
    Boys
    Atlas | Callen | Corellian | Emmet | Kanan | Lincoln | Orion | Oswin | Rafe | Rohan | Rupert | Stanley | Theoden | Thorin
    Middle Names
    Gallifrey | George | Lucian | Snow

Girls
    Ariana | Arianne | Arien | Brienne | Bronte | Corellia | Ever | Harriet | Henrietta | Inara | Lorien | Persephone | Quinn | Tauriel | Tesla | Willow | Winter
    Middle Names
    Meadow | Snow

I found a tv show "The Young Pioneers" with her in it. It aired in 1987, but there was nothing to do with Ashley in it. That's the only thing I can find fitting the description of the movie/tv show. I can only find Ashley in what you already mentioned.

Eden Paige {1.3.13}
    Iris Amelia {1.24.15}
    Acacia Grace| Atara Louise | Cordelia Fleur | Delilah Claire| Felicia Bay| Evelyn Marguerite |
    Eli Joseph | Luca Nathaniel | Kai Solomon | Milo Walter | Oliver Matthew | Silas Daniel | Theodore Augustus|