Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    My name was supposed to be Jana until the day I was born. Then, when my mother saw me (thus goes the legend) she exclaimed "That's no Jana, that's a Charlotte!". Not sure how true this story is, but I'm glad the decision went as it did.
    Ronja Julius Leonore Frederick Harriet Clemens Elisabeth Ivor Linnea Elliot

I would've been Adam if I was a boy. Ended up as Tressa.
    proud aunt to
    Liam Joseph (b. 5/8/2006)
    Aurore Brynn (b. 10/13/2012)

Ariadne - I was gutted when I found out as I was given a ugly 'unisex' name that is not feminine or remotely interesting and have spent my whole life correcting people who try to make the spelling more girly or call me Mr.
    Mum to Mousie, Foo, Bumptious and Pudding.

My mum considered Chloe and Grace before deciding on Jessica. She was convinced I was a going to be a girl (she never found out on ultrasound, she just knew, same with my brother before me) and she didn't think of a boys name. Once she thought of Jessica though, she never considered anything else.
    Not expecting but hopefully one day that will change.

Favourite Combos
    Ivy Adelaide/Lyra Evangeline/Eliza Genevieve
    Hugo Benjamin/James Anthony/Rory Alexander

Other Favourites
    Octavia, Astrid, Estella, Hestia, Wallis, Sheridan
    Rafferty, Malachy, Jasper, Harrison, Sidney, Killian

IIRC, my mum started out loving Agathe - pronounced in French (ah-GAHT), but loathed the Danish pronunciation of it. Then it was between Robin and Selma. Robin was the top contender because she knew that my middle name was going to be Elvira, which was my great-grandmother's middle name, and Selma was that very great-grandmother's mother. The European Robin is my mum's favourite bird and therefore the love for the name. Then somehow she found Zelia and that became it. My second middle was going to be Marcelle, but I ended up with a family surname instead.

Quote Originally Posted by lyraslife View Post
    I'd have been either Dagmar, Hanneloa/Hannelore, Hannah or Vibe.
    I like them all, just not Vibe, as it's not international and when in Denmark it's a bird, it's not in English.
    Your parents have a neat taste in names I love Dagmar and Vibe (I would have loved to be a Dagmar myself, but *sigh* my mum isn't particularly fond of that name - Vibe is more her style, but her former stepmother is named Vibeke and her current stepmother is called Vita, so I guess that was out of the picture from the get go).
    Zelia • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a personal blog and one about royalty
    Exporting old Danish names, Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Théoden "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Edouard Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Johanna Ivalo Galadriel "Anna" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Asta Catherine Françoise

And for the moment: Atticus Aksel Inigo • Aviaaja Cleopatra Hero "Avi" • Fabiola Agnes Lúthien