Names Searched Right Now:
Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
    Options for me were
    Jessica (mom's choice- #5 in my state for my birth year)
    Jezebel (dad's choice)

And I ended up.... Rhiannon!

Quite the difference.

When I was in 3rd grade I hated my different name, found out I was almost called Jessica, and made all my friends call me that for a week. Now I'm glad I have my name and am not in the top ten!

I was nearly Bethany Katrina but my Mum decided that she liked the nickname Kat more than Beth so just swapped the two names around. Apparently my parents also liked Joanna, Kathryn (spelt that way) and Heather.

I'm pretty sure I was going to be Anthony if I was a boy, and I think they wanted the middle name George after my grandfather (which is my little brothers middle name instead).
    Pregnant with my first child due June 2014 - A boy!

Mine would have been Hannah or Prudence (I think I could've totally rocked Prudence nn Pru/Prue but am not a fan of Hannah), my older brother's would have been Seth, my younger brother's would have been Treasure, and if I had had my way with my youngest sister's name she'd be called Sunshine heehee. I thought it was fitting because her due date was the same as my sister (Rivers) who had been born the year before and passed away after birth so it was like sunshine after a storm. Sadly though, it was vetoed.
    Declan
    Darcy, Quentin, Elliott, James, Marianne, Josephine, Henrietta
    Robin, Hazel
    Claire
    August, Hawk, Sydney, Primrose, Isis, Lavender
    gracenewgrace.blogspot.com

My mom always knew what my name was going to be so there wasn't much debate on that..but if I was a boy I would have been Tyler Mitchell. Tyler doesn't surprise me since it's so close to my name now, But Mitchell kind of. It never really seemed like my moms style.
    Eighteen year-old name-lover, dreaming of someday being a mommy <3

Alaric, Atticus, Axel, Benjamin, Declan, Dexter, Finn, Garrett, Henry, Jack, Jude, Luke, Lysander, Oakley, Oliver, Patrick, Ryder, Ryker, Sawyer, Sebastian, Tucker, Wylder "Wylie"

Alice, Anastasia, Annabelle, Ardyn, Chloe, Claire, Clara, Eleanor "Ellie", Elizabeth, Ella, Emily, Emma, Evangeline "Evie", Everleigh, Felicity, Genevieve, Jane/Jayne, Josephine "Josie", Lennox, Mabel, Olivia, Paisley, Reagan, Stella

My parents had a bit of trouble agreeing on names, but my mum wanted:
    Catherine, Isabeau, Amelia, Francesca, Isabelle, Arabella, Emily (thank goodness she didn't, I'd have been one of 7 in my class), Georgia, Lily, Lucy, Lauren.

Dad wanted:
    Gardenia, Bear, Badger, Missy (ex gf's name so that was an immediate no), Misty, Helena (after Helena Christiansen, which didn't go down well with mum), Honey (he keeps bees), Bee (mum's bio mum goes by Bea, so that wasn't an option), Camellia, Azalea, Florence, Flora or Edith.

I can see myself as a Georgia or Bear, but none of the others would fit me. If I was a boy, it was either going to be Thomas, Donovan, Dominic, Riley, Henry or Edward.

My sister was going to be an Aimee, Amelie, Isabelle, Isabeau, Georgia, Lucy, Ellie or Amelia, but once I suggested the name Eden, they didn't consider anything else, it was the name. Her middle name, Ruby, was decided about two days before she was born. I don't have a middle name, and mum and dad weren't going to give Eden one either, but I suggested Ruby, and they both loved it. So I pretty much came up with the name for my sister. It is a good thing she likes her name, or I would be in trouble .

If she was a boy, she was going to be Eden, Eben, Oliver, Henry, George or Harrison (George Harrison, geddit?). Ultimately, they ended up deciding on Beau Bodhi, which I still love. My grandmother was Buddhist, and alive at the time, and they thought the Bodhisattva idea would be nice to incorporate, plus, it is a great name. Beau was the name of a dog that died before Edie was born, when he was hit by a car, and it was honouring Beau the dog, the best border collie x kelpie ever.

I think the funniest one I have heard is my friend from when I was in high school, Isabel. Her last name was Brown, and she was originally going to be called India. The contractions had started and they were on their way to the hospital, when the dad went: 'Honey? We can't call her India Brown! People might think we're racist! Quick: what's another name?'
    Last edited by nooshi; June 30th, 2014 at 02:53 AM.
    Girls: Vesper Novella Pearl-Bunny Maude-Dossie Moe-Nanetta Yuki Florence-Rowena Fern-Flora Noble-Artemis Opal Owl-Cappi Theodora Sun-Elke Esmeralda Snow- Dagny Petra-Mary Max-Frances Henriette-Edwige Garnet-Alberta Benilde-Capella Happy-Birdie Amethyst-Ginger?-Prudence?-Agnessa?-Thalassa?-Esther?

Boys: Roland Basil-Magnus Owl-Linus Cicero-Frodi Lou-Obi Prosper-Enzo Noble-Cello Floyd-Dougal Morris-Horatio Albert-Hubert Walter-Joe Lazarus-Ernest Bede-Humphrey Moe-John?-Robert?-Amadeus?