Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cass or Quill

Cass or Quill

Do you prefer Cass - just Cass - or Quill for a little boy? Which do you like better with Ivan? Do you think Cass would sound ridiculous with a surname that includes the craz sound as the second of four syllables?
    Mommy to Mr. Ivan

I saw a telemovie about Marilyn Monroe once and she was friends with Charlie Chaplin's son (also called Charlie) and he was nicknamed Cass, which I thought was cute. Although, realistically, Cass is rather feminine so I wouldn't use it (as a full name anyway).

I don't like Quill at all.
    TTC #1

Audrey - Beatrice - Clara - Daphne - Jane - Margaret - Susannah - Violet

August - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

I think Cass could work well as a nn with more substantial formal name. I don't like Quill for either gender and especially not for a boy.
    #1 on the way!
    Why yes, I probably should be working!

Benjamin * Sebastian * Ezra * Edmund * Henry * Hugo * Cormac * Andrew * Winston * Levi * Zev * Theodore

Arabella * Aviva * Ariella * Maeve * Matilda * Eleanor * Catherine * Charlotte * Beatrice

I think both Cass and Quill are super cute, but feel a little more nickname-y to me. While not necessarily a bad thing, next to Ivan they might feel a little informal. If looking at the names as-is, I feel like Quill fits better with Ivan. I also like Quillan for a little bit fuller, more grounded way to get to Quill, as long as you don't mind having two boys that ended in "n" names (not the biggest deal to me, personally).
    GIRLFOLK: Cyra Niamh & Xanthe Morwenna & Kalliope Maeve & Keeva Hermione
    BOYFOLK: Callum Robertson & Emrys ?
    Current crushes: Boys: Shea, Teague. Girls: Keeva.
    Guilty pleasures: Shiloh, Tarot (pron. Tarrow), Juniper.

Talia, 23, enjoys taking pictures and eating cheese. Are we name twins? Let me know!

Also, this is off-topic, but I was reading your sig and couldn't resist: you need to go treat yourself to a Pistachio flavored Talenti Gelato. Pistachio ice cream is my absolute favorite but the Talenti Gelato is like crack and you need it in your life (the gelato, not crack).
    GIRLFOLK: Cyra Niamh & Xanthe Morwenna & Kalliope Maeve & Keeva Hermione
    BOYFOLK: Callum Robertson & Emrys ?
    Current crushes: Boys: Shea, Teague. Girls: Keeva.
    Guilty pleasures: Shiloh, Tarot (pron. Tarrow), Juniper.

Talia, 23, enjoys taking pictures and eating cheese. Are we name twins? Let me know!