Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Rhys is the traditional way to spell it for a boy. When I see Rhys vs Reese, Rhys will always be ALL boy to me, whereas Reese could be either.

I like Reese or Rhys. I love feminine names for girls, but also love many unisex ones, so the spellings Rhys or Reese are fine. The only Rhys spelling I don't like is Reece because it reminds me of peanut butter cups.

Either as a first or middle I like it. It is short and cute. Not too common but familiar and seems "nickname proof."

Rhys is definitely an all-boy spelling. I agree that it looks cool. However, due to most people having the association with Rhys being a male, it could lead to some unnecessary confusion.

itskitty - Rhys isn't a less traditional spelling. As far as I know it is actually one of the more original forms of the name. The spelling just indicates that it's a male name as opposed to the feminine "Reese" variation. I think that most people have enough familiarity with the name to not pronounce it as Rice, but I guess it depends on where the person is from.
    GIRLFOLK: Cyra Niamh & Xanthe Morwenna & Kalliope Maeve & Keeva Hermione
    BOYFOLK: Callum Robertson & Emrys ?
    Current crushes: Boys: Shea, Teague. Girls: Keeva.
    Guilty pleasures: Shiloh, Tarot (pron. Tarrow), Juniper.

Talia, 23, enjoys taking pictures and eating cheese. Are we name twins? Let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by ashleyjuliette View Post
    The only Rhys spelling I don't like is Reece because it reminds me of peanut butter cups.
    Woah, I'm super confused now. I am only aware of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, not Reece's. Did you mix them up or are they different depending on the country you're from? 0.o
    GIRLFOLK: Cyra Niamh & Xanthe Morwenna & Kalliope Maeve & Keeva Hermione
    BOYFOLK: Callum Robertson & Emrys ?
    Current crushes: Boys: Shea, Teague. Girls: Keeva.
    Guilty pleasures: Shiloh, Tarot (pron. Tarrow), Juniper.

Talia, 23, enjoys taking pictures and eating cheese. Are we name twins? Let me know!

I know a girl named Karissa, who goes by the nick name Rhys. She pronounces it "riss". I personally love the name Rhys so much on a boy, I would never use it for a girl. But I can see how it could swing pink. I think as a middle name it would work just fine. Penelope Rhys. Elizabeth Rhys. Works fine.