Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Actually, when I first saw the name Maybelline, I nearly squealed with excitement! I. LOVE. THAT. FOR. A. NAME. !!! I just might add it to my list, lol. But I think that there could be worse associations than the makeup. At least it's not like a cleaning brand or a medicine name. But if you're concerned with what others may say about it, and teasing, you could use it in the middle spot.

I haven't been a fan of the name Tallulah, but I'm warming up to it I've been seeing it a lot lately. Tallulah Violet is very pretty. Never liked the name Violet, but I love the sound of it paired with Tallulah. Has a very alluring, mysterious vibe to it I like that.

Zelmarine is my least fav... but I do think Zelma would be very pretty. If you like the ocean association with "marine" Cordeila, Chelsea, Monroe, and Isla/Islay are other options as they all have water related meanings.
    {MamaJoys}

Crushing on:

Winslet Paloma * Magnolia * Acacia * Eleanora Jane * Everly * Canary * Lotus

Luca James * Ethan Roy * Anthony Paul

Here are some other suggestions

Mabel Talitha (Talitha means "chasing butterflies")
    Mabel Eulalie (Eulalie, you-LAH-lee)
    Endellion Zelma (Endellion, it's pronounced en-DEL-yon, but I like saying it en-DEL-lon. It's a Cornish place and saint's name. Reminds me dandelions, love that!)
    Zelma Islay
    Maisie Endellion
    {MamaJoys}

Crushing on:

That's all I can think of right now, but I hope that helps a little Overall, this is your baby and you should name her what you like. (My mom and best friend never seem to like my "weird, totally out there names" haha... like Canary, Neptune, Lemon, and Plum. My own best friend even called one list of names 'ugly.' I was so mad at her! Still am a little, lol.) But you know, when it comes down to it, your opinion is really all that matters. I understand wanting those close to you to be excited about the names you like, but everyone's different. And the way I see it is, if I were a celebrity, I'm sure all the names on my list would be applauded and accepted for their "unusual appeal"... but I'm not, so most of my names are looked at with awkward silence and raised eyebrows. So do what you feel, and when you hold that precious little girl in your arms, you'll know who she is. You'll know if she's a Tallulah Violet, or a Maybelline or Zelmarine or another. And whatever you decide to name her, people will love it because they love you and will fall in love with her, or she'll be one of those girls that has a name no one else could pull off, but somehow it's just HER! and those who still aren't into it, it'll grow on them eventually, and if not that's ok. Because that little girl represents you! A creative, out-of-the-box, doesn't limit herself to others standards and creates her own world of happy... and that's what everyone is going to see when they see her. So be you, go with your gut and release what other people think they know... because you're the one who's been carrying her for 9-months, you know who she is. <3

Best wishes!
    Joya
    {MamaJoys}

Crushing on:

Quote Originally Posted by apollonia View Post
    Rest assured, none of your names are "too weird". I enjoy offbeat names, too, and have been on the hunt for treasures. Here are some additional ideas:

http://nameberry.com/nametalk/thread...dden-Treasures

http://nameberry.com/nametalk/thread...-Your-thoughts
    Apolonia I ADORE Mariposa and Esmeralda. I would name my daughter Esmeralda no questions if she came out green eyed. she will more than likely be blue eyed though sooo.. I will have to save it for a future child !hah

Quote Originally Posted by banomi View Post
    Zelmarine is awesome!
    Banomi I agree !