Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    First things first, if you are head over heels in love with a name then you should use it. Everyone else will come to love it or at least get used to it.

That being said, I don't mind Tallulah or Delilah.

Maybelline does bother me a bit. Because its associated so heavily with the make up I think it makes the name feel a little cheesy. Like naming your child Vuitton or Clinique.

Zelmarine also reminds me of a fantasy book name.

You seem to like names that have a more flowy, french feel. What about some of these names with french inspiration:
    Amalie
    Adeline
    Angeline
    Bellamy
    Delphine
    Elodie
    Genevieve
    Lucienne
    Marielle
    Marceline
    Mirabelle
    Orianne
    Penelope
    Romilly
    Seraphine
    Sylvianne

Here are some names that feel uncommon and unique (to me) without feeling totally uncomfortable to the general population:
    Penelope
    Christabel
    Evangelina
    Bronwyn
    Gwendolyn
    Cressida
    Rosamund
    Aurelia
    Valentina
    Althea
    Phoebe
    Rowena

I'm going to echo what other people have posted; Maybelline is the makeup company. I too thought of the "maybe she's born with it" jingle. But like everyone is saying, it's not a bad association, just a very strong one. It's unfortunate too because Maybelline is actually an extremely beautiful name.
    What about some variation of that like maybella, maybelle, Mabel?

Tallulah is not my style, but I do think it is becoming much more popular and therefore won't be considered as "weird" as you probably think it would be... If that makes sense.
    Expecting #1 in June 2015!

Quote Originally Posted by chewymama View Post
    Hello ! I am due on the 20th and am going into crisis mode over names. I am having a little girl. Thank you so
    From your list I think that Tallulah Violet is lovely! As is the nn of Lulu.

Lorelai and Delilah as first names are very nice too.

Maybelline is the name of a cosmetic line but what about Melisande or Bellatrix or Beatrix?

I am not on board with the Z names though.
    Psalm 23

Well, honestly, they are not names that I like.

Thank you all for your feedback !! I really appreciate your honest opinions. Tallulah is cute isnt it?? But I also love Zelma.... and Maybelline.... Gah.
    I think I'll put Maybelline on reserve for a summer baby. Thank you emilyva and madelon for the name suggestions !! I LOVE Callalily !!!! That is SO CUTE ! But probably just as a middle somewhere, or a nn im not sure....
    Madelon, yes z names are naturally different but all of the ones Ive come across are either unpronouncable, sound too stern, or are tooo dried flowery.. if that even makes any sense..
    Zelmarine can be shortened to Zelma which is just my style ! Im going in circles