Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Ships and Character Crushes

I'm basically starting this thread to vent my current obsession, but also hoping there are other shipper Berries out there interested in chiming in about their various fandoms!

I don't get crushes on "real" people, or even the actors who play the characters (although I can appreciate the artistry, particularly in the cases of exceptional people like Johnny Depp), but there are times when I fall so hard for a particular character that it's ridiculous. My current example: Loki from the Thor/Avengers/ThorTDW movies.

I had no idea that the majority of the internet was also crushing on Loki. And I didn't really see the appeal in the first two movies, though I admired Tom Hiddleston's brilliant portrayal of the character. It was the most recent Thor film (I'll try not to be spoilery), the scene when Loki dispels his illusion to reveal how shattered he really is, in all his angsty vulnerable glory. I fell for his character so hard in that moment that it's stupid @_@. We've been discussing Myers-Briggs typology on the forums lately; I'm pretty sure that whole tortured soul thing is basically NF crack!

At any rate, I'm gone…I've been consuming Loki fanfiction/fanart for days.

And yes, Thorki. Because really, who else can you ship with Loki but Thor? And they're the perfect dynamic, like a golden retriever and a slinky black cat.

This isn't my first rodeo either…other characters/ships that I've fallen for include:
    V (V for Vendetta), Sebastian (Black Butler...some Sebastian/Ciel), Alucard (Hellsing), Castiel and Sam/Dean (Supernatural...I ship Destiel like there's no tomorrow, as well as some Winchester slash), Sherlock (BBC version...Johnlock), Jace/Clary (The Mortal Instruments books), the Doctor (Doctor Who…9/Rose, 10/Rose, 10/River, and 11/River), and Damon Salvatore (The Vampire Diaries. I'm less invested in this one lately…the show is just making me crazy, and not in the good way. But a season or three ago, Damon was my crack. And I'm clearly a Delena shipper…my Stefan appreciation died in a fire after Season 1)

So, Berries, it's your turn!

Who are your character crushes? What draws you to those characters?
    What are your fandoms?
    Who do you ship and why?
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Tobias Rowan ~ Caspian _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Wren ~ Juliet Snow ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ Cosima Rose ~ River Seraphine ~ Elowen Briar

GPs
    Narnia Rose, Astoria nn Story, Illyria, Serafina, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Kenshin, Remiel, Atreyu

Oh I do this too. And for Tom Hiddleston's Loki too. My thing is book people though. I've read RA Salvatore's Forgotten Realms books so many times it's not even funny and I flat out told Cody "If Jarlaxle were a real person...you'd be in trouble." He's a dark elf mercenary. He's so cocky and sure of himself but you get to see the other side, the sad, unsure side from time to time and I just melt >.> He's all charm and magical items and adventure. He's like Jack Sparrow (only he's been around a good deal longer than JAck Sparrow)

Then there's Dustfinger from Inkheart. Am I the only one who loves him?
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

I'm going to third Loki. The character is amazing and Hiddles himself seems like such a lovely guy Definitely smitten at the moment!

And Ten and Rose from Doctor Who goes without saying (mostly because it's already canon). Just perfection.
    Last edited by renrose; November 14th, 2013 at 02:01 PM.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

Well, everyone's in love with Tom Hiddleston/Loki. Nothing you can do about that one.

For me, it's men in capes. Put a cape on a man, some dirt, long wavy hair and I'm all in. So Lord of the Rings is kind of my downfall. I have major crushes on basically all of the men in this movie/book. Aragorn (I do love Viggo, he's undeniably sexy and simply an incredibly beautiful man), Boromir, Haldir, Eomer, Faramir, Saruman, Theoden, I-don't-remember-his-name-but-he's-kind-of-Faramir's-left-hand-and-gets-speared-by-that-horrible-orc-in-Cirith-Ungul.

Then came the Hobbit and how delicious is Thorin? Seriously. Re-swoon! It almost made me forgive Richard Armitage for killing Marian, but only almost. I still hate him (or Guy) for that. I didn't think Thorin would be hot based on the book, but there you go.

I'm of course madly in love with Beren and Earendil and all the other good men in The Silmarillion.

I don't really get excited about other things than Tolkien I think... oh hang on! My Harry Potter crushes! Lucius Malfoy, Sirius Black, Severus Snape, Remus Lupin are all splendid and well, caped. I've got a thing for capes...

Other characters I've been crushing on through the years:
    Westley from The Princess Bride - but who didn't?
    Robin Hood in any movie/tv show except that atrocity with Russell Crowe.
    Merlin in Camelot
    James Bond

I'm in love with basically any character played by Christopher Plummer. Every movie he makes, I fall. Gary Oldman too. I'm not crushing on the actual actors but their portrayals are always fascinating. Who didn't want to offer their body to Count Dracula in Dracula?

Anyway... men under 40-50 don't do it for me. I've always loved men 40+, I don't think they get sexy until they've got some lines and some greys. I've been like that since I was a child, saw Danny Champion of the World and fell in love with Danny's dad (played by Jeremy Irons, so yay for my decent taste in men!). So, Sessh, most of your list doesn't work for me. ;
    Last edited by ottilie; November 14th, 2013 at 02:05 PM.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Oh gosh Ottilie! Dracula! Yes *drool*

I didn't mention LOTR because...obviousness :P

I've also got this weird facination with anyone that Johnathan Rhys Meyers plays for some reason. And I forgot Harry Potter! Lucius Malfoy and Snape!

This thread is going to have me going back and re-reading and re-watching all this stuff I hope you know. I'll never get my NaNo book done!

I also have to say that I tend to fall for the "bad guys" too. They're so much more interesting when well done and, tooting my own horn, I'm pretty in love with the villain of my novels. He had a hard and unfair life and he's brutal and dominating and deep. And he's played in by head by Atesh Salih (those are both links).

And Caspian, from Narnia. And Ben Barnes plays him really well to me ^_^
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014