Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Sylvia / Sylvie / Silvia mean of the forest, if you like that tie in to Forrest. Silvia works well in Spanish.

Graciela would be a nice spanish name to incorporate Grace and the Ell element of Ellie

Quote Originally Posted by georgiakitty View Post
    Posting again about this after a hiatus in our household of even talking names... too much pressure!

Thoughts on these for a sister for Forrest? My grandmother's name is Ellie and we're also trying to honor her with a name that is similar but avoiding Ellie/Ella as they are too popular for us these days. And we are a bilingual (Spanish/English) family in case that helps...

Eliza Grace
    Elowen Grace
    Luciana Elena (Lucy)
    Corinne
    Edyth (Edie)
    Gwyneth
    Siena
    Clarisa

Other thoughts?
    Oh my, what a great list of names here!

The only ones I'm not totally thrilled with are Siena and Clarisa. Corinne is nice but a little bland.

Gwyneth is on my list - I absolutely love it. Elowen would be at the top of my list if it didn't clash horribly with our last name. Elowen Grace is GORGEOUS!

I love Edith, but prefer it spelled this way. Edie is so adorable.

Eliza Grace is so lovely also!

As you can see, I'm torn between Gwyneth, Elowen, Edith and Eliza. You really can't go wrong, but if you want to honor your grandmother, then that would knock it down to just Elowen and Eliza.

Have you considered Stella? It's a popular name in both English and Spanish and it's can honor your grandmother without being so obvious. Forrest and Stella is such a hip sibset!
    Mom to Nora.

Current favorites:
    Declan James (Dex). Griffin James (Finn). Euan James. Graham Jameson. August James (Gus). John Jameson (Johnny). Wesley James (Wes).

Gwyneth Eliza (Gwen). Elise Hannah. Lucy Johanna. Josephine Maeve (Josie). Bronwen Elise (Bonnie). Eve Johanna (Evie). Bonnie Eliza.

Thanks, all, for the input and ideas!

My partner has soundly knocked Elowen off of the list so that's a bit of a bummer. I do really like Stella, too, but my cousin has a dog named Stella... not sure if I can do it! And Sylvie is cute, too, but we know SO MANY Silvias.

Please feel free to offer more suggestions! And thanks for looking at the names!

Quote Originally Posted by georgiakitty View Post
    Posting again about this after a hiatus in our household of even talking names... too much pressure!

Thoughts on these for a sister for Forrest? My grandmother's name is Ellie and we're also trying to honor her with a name that is similar but avoiding Ellie/Ella as they are too popular for us these days. And we are a bilingual (Spanish/English) family in case that helps...

Eliza Grace
    Elowen Grace
    Luciana Elena (Lucy)
    Corinne
    Edyth (Edie)
    Gwyneth
    Siena
    Clarisa

Other thoughts?
    Forrest is a lovely spunky choice, full of spirit and vibrancy. I love Forrest. I think you should continue using this theme when naming your next child.

My thoughts on the combinations:
    Eliza Grace - Eliza is a very spirited choice, she's really funky and elegant. I love the spunk of this name and how totally cool it sounds. Furthermore your incorporating the Ellie nickname in a way which honours your grandmother. I think Ellie would make a lovely nickname for Eliza. Grace feels expected I think you should go with something more 'unique'. I mean Grace Eliza would feel more unique but Grace just feels like a filler.
    Suggestions:
    Eliza Juno & Forrest
    Eliza Maeve & Forrest
    Eliza Phoebe & Forrest
    Eliza Megan & Forrest
    Eliza Gabrielle & Forrest

Elowen Grace - I think Elowen is a lovely name, she has a really sweet mythological sound. She feels really nature inspired conjuring up images of Cornwall which is ultimately lovely. Elowen works wonderfully well with Forrest. Creating an interesting combination. I also love the Ellie nickname which feels very incorporated in this choice.

Luciana Elena - I really dislike lucy names. Even though I totally see the appeal in this choice it's not for me. All I see is the word 'loose' which isn't attractive. I don't think Luciana works with Forrest they just feel too different. I love the Elena middle name though.

Corinne - I really this name. She has a sweet sound and feels very elegant. She's a French chic name which is very sweet. But I don't think Corinne works with Forrest. She feels too elegant, chic for the spunky Forrest.

Edyth - I don't understand why 'y' has been replaced for 'i'. This name is so lovely spelt Edith but Edyth just looks so strange and alien like. Edith however would work effortlessly well with Forrest because she's a vintage gem and feels very wholesome which is similar Forrest. They have the same gorgeous feel. Change Edyth to Edith and you have a winner.

Gwyneth - She's an elegant choice, yet even though she is elegant she feels very spunky and energetic. She also has a wholesome, nature sound created through her Welsh origins. It's honestly a lovely choice that works nicely with Forrest.

Siena - This name is very attractive, she's sweet and has a cool sound. She also taps into the place name trend without feeling trendy like Brooklyn. Siena has lovely associations with the Italian city in Tuscany and feels very feminine. It's just a lovely name.

Clarisa - This name is very sparky and sounds really christmassy. But I dislike the fact that there is the 's' missing for me. Clarissa looks more complete. Clarissa sounds pretty with Forrest. Forrest & Clarissa sound great together, actually.

My favourite combination Eliza & Forrest!!