Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

In lieu of Andromeda: Hazel ____ ?

I love Hazel Andromeda, but my SO is reluctant. Any other ideas for us?

What I love about it: Because Hazel is way more popular than I would normally consider, I feel it needs to be paired with something unusual and more daring. I see Hazel as sweet and bookish but with definite spunk. Andromeda adds sophistication and strength, but also something darker, more daring and moody. I also love the flow/sound/syllable count with Hazel. Our last name is VERY short (rhymes with Poe but begins with M) so a 3-4 syllable middle just sounds better with a 2 syllable first.

What my SO doesn't like about it: He hears androgyny and drama. His taste tends to be a tad more traditional than mine, and I think this one is just a little out there for him. I do agree with him that it doesn't have the "prettiest" sound.

Other things already on our list to consider:
    Hazel Persephone
    Hazel Pomeline
    Hazel Iverine
    Hazel Indira

I would love your take on these names, plus suggestions.

Hazel

is such a great name!

Andromeda, I don't like.

But Pomeline is a nice middle name. Earthy sounding.

Oh, Hazel Andromeda is hauntingly beautiful! If you really can't get him to love it I think Hazel Persephone is a lovely number two. All your combos are great and have a wonderful spark, so I don't think you can go wrong with any of them

I like Pomeline as well!
    New username is @ truenature

Quote Originally Posted by pernillemarie View Post
    Oh, Hazel Andromeda is hauntingly beautiful! If you really can't get him to love it I think Hazel Persephone is a lovely number two. All your combos are great and have a wonderful spark, so I don't think you can go wrong with any of them������
    I plan to keep working on him