Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Seneca for a girl?

How do people feel about using the name "Seneca" for a girl? My friend recently mentioned that this name is the name of a character in The Hunger Games (which I haven't read, so I didn't realize) and it is the name of several pro football players, and originally a Roman philosopher. However, the Seneca Falls convention was a major step towards women's rights. What do people think?

My 2 year-old son is name Fox.

We have a generic last name which furthers my interest in unique names.

We also like Atara, Persephone, Selyse and Tassia.

Love Seneca for a boy

and would prefer it for a girl rather than the other names you listed.

Considering there is the Seneca nation near where I live, I don't think Seneca is a good idea for a name for any gender.
    ~ "The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names" ~

today's favorites: Demetra, Celia, Cassandra and Arthur, Inigo, Roger.

I'm not a fan of using names of Native American tribes for children. If you don't have any Native heritage, it seems kind of disrespectful to this group to me. That's the reason why I don't recommend other tribal names like Cheyenne or Dakota to prospective parents.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

I think the Roman playwright negates some of the tribal Native American concerns...but does so more for boys than girls. I like the name better on a boy than a girl, the only Seneca I've ever known was male, but I don't mid it on a girl. I do think with a son named Fox it's pretty cool, but it also plays up the Nature-ish feel which ties into an Indian feel, so.... eh. Not the worst but maybe keep looking? Maybe better as a middle? I like Tassia best from your list.