Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

International Names!!

Lately, I've been very interested in international sounding names. My favorite atm is Nina. Would like some other suggestions. Thanks

Let's see I don't know if these are what you're looking for but........

Elise
    Brisa
    Elena
    Emira
    Hana
    Haidee
    Hala
    Lena
    Leila
    Mira
    Talia
    Vevina
    Vivia
    Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

Polly

currently loving

Ophelia | Leonor | Penelope

August | Caspar | Elliott | Oscar | Theo

I knew two girls in grammar school from Latvia and one of them I know had a Scandinavian name, Inga, meaning that she is guarded by Ing, spirit of fertility. Her sister was named Ieva, long ee sound yhev (rhymes with bev in beverly) ah. ee-yhev-ah. I love both of those.
    Also:
    Dominique -french, belongs to the lord
    Laurette -my mom's name means little laurel tree or crowned with laurel
    Giselle -third french name, meaning pledge
    I also like Simone, Aries, Gemini, Cairo, Demaris/Damaris, and Olympia(greek, home of the gods) There are many more international names I like....

How do you define "international sounding"? Names that work well throughout most of the world (which, as a foreigner, I would say that a lot of names do per se - I mean, there will always be pronunciation issues because most languages pronounce names differently, but once you get ahold of the pronunciation, it's really not a problem) or names with roots in other countries?
    Zelia/Elja • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a blog and a royalty blog.
    Exporting beautiful old Danish names, exotic Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names.
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Elessar/Valdemar Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel "Tilda" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Juno Catherine Françoise "Shazza"