Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Molly...too tied to the drug?

Is the name Molly too tied to the drug to be usable? If I do decide to use it, I would spell it as Mollie, so it is less tied to the drug. I just don't want people's first thought when they hear Molly/Mollie to be "Oh, you named your kid after a drug...". Thanks in advance!
    ~Emily

Ladies...
    Annabel, Carlotta, Tamar, Jubilee, Lorelei, Lola, Josie, Alice, Indira, Claire, Liliosa, Vivienne, Ella, Abigail, Ivy

Gents...
    Jameson, Samuel, Archer, Dominic, Barnaby, Paul, Henry, Oliver, Jadon, Isaac, Harrison, Lawson, Ezra, Rhys

"The most beautiful voice in the world is that of an educated Southern woman."
    (Stolen from @tabby)

No, Molly is not too tied to the drug. It's such a common name outside of the slang term, many people wouldn't think about it.
    Current favorites:
    Cora . Louisa . Lydia . Mary

My Adoption Journey

My moms name is Mary Jane. just sayin. lol

No! Molly would definitely be recognized as a legitimate name. I don't think it is too tied to the drug at all.

For some reason, I personally feel the alternate spelling (Mollie) would be more connected to the drug. Maybe because Molly is an established, traditional name.

I'm so out of the loop, you'd think as a 20 year old I'd come across these things... what is Molly? I have an Aunty named Molly (it's her nn for Mary Elizabeth) and I've never thought of anything but her when I hear Molly.

Edit: Just googled... huh, I've never heard of that as a nickname for that drug before.