Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    ROSABEL! They're all gorgeous names, but people (even if they're family and friends with good intentions) have absolutely no right to dissuade you from a name you love. You're naming your little girl for HER not for them, and as her parent you get to choose.

Rosabel isn't even vaguely chavy or common (even less so than Harriet and Charlotte can sometimes be), and it's feminine but not overly frilly at all. It's lovely. Go for it.

When people meet your little Rosabel there is no way they'll dislike it.
    Last edited by oliviasarah; November 14th, 2013 at 07:08 PM.
    olivia, seventeen, obsessively maternal.

★ close to my heart / future darlings; ★
    Estella - Oona - Margaret - Imogen - Billie - Eilidh - Jemima
    Emmett - Eoghan - Wilf - Alec - Nicholas - William - Hugh

Rosabel is lovely. With great nn options of Rose, Rosa, Rosie, Bell…..
    I’d go with your favorite over what everyone else likes.
    (I don’t fully understand what chavy means but I assume it sort of suggests “low”-class, crass and tacky - I don’t think Rosabel is any of those things).

However, if you are really worried have you considered Rosabel as a nn? Maybe for Rosalind Bellatrix or Rosalie Isobel?
    MAJOR CONSTRUCTION ZONE
    newlywed!!! (not trying...yet)

Chose what you love. Rosabel is lovely. But if people opinion bothers you, maybe you can chose Rosabel Charlotte or Charlotte Rosabel and call her Rosabel?

Only issue is childish feel Rosabel have, but that could be overcome by nn Rosa, Rose, Belle or Bella.
    Tristan Gilbert°Robin Amaury°Leon Percival°Edmund Theoderic°Finn Beowulf°Magnus Oberon°Thorin Elliot°Edric Maximilian°Emil Orlando
    Freya Elysant°Belle Seraphina°Leda Cassiopeia°Briony Rosaline°Charlotte Romilly°Lotus Dorothea°Aurora Cecily°Sunniva Eliska
    vote for unusual names

Rosabel is lovely. I, too, prefer the Rosabelle spelling, but in general I prefer the -belle endings to the -bel ones. I've always thought Rosabelle was one of the loveliest of the Rose names, and Rosie is so adorable! I think Isaac and Rosabel would be very sweet together. I'm not the best judge of the word, since the Americans really have no equivalent of "chavy" over here, but from what I understand and what British friends of mine have tried to explain, I wouldn't find it chavy, personally.

I also love Charlotte, though, and Lottie is just to die for. I think Charlotte and Isaac just work, perfectly. If it were me, that'd get my vote, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with Rosabel(le), and I would be so happy to meet a little one with the name.

Good luck!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

How about Rosabel Charlotte?