Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    @sessha: The Malcolm/Malachi thing is pretty clever.
    ♂ | Samuel ◊ Edward ◊ George ◊ Arthur ◊ Ezra ◊ Gideon ◊ James ◊ Quentin ◊ Solomon ◊ Jasper
    ♀ | Helen ◊ Cora ◊ Anne ◊ Jane ◊ Caroline ◊ Catherine ◊ Gwen ◊ Georgia ◊ Elizabeth ◊ Lydia

Why thank you, Maple! I loved Mal's character, but the name Malcolm isn't my fave...so Malachi seemed like a win-win!
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Tobias Rowan ~ Endymion _____ nn Ender ~ Caspian _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Wren ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ Cosima Rose ~ River _____

GPs
    Narnia Rose, Luna Seraphine, Astoria nn Story, Illyria, Serafina, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Kenshin, Remiel, Atreyu

Switched at Birth:
    Daphne
    Bay
    Melody
    Emmett

Revenge:
    Victoria
    Declan
    Nolan
    Grayson

Pretty Little Liars:
    Aria
    Ezra

Gossip Girl:
    Serena
    Nathaniel
    18 year old name nerd
    Some recent name crushes...
    Celeste - Minerva - Guinevere - Isobel - Tallulah
    Sebastian - Noel - Benedict - Alasdair - Greyson

American Horror Story:
    Cordelia (but I think my eternal love for Sarah Paulson makes me slighty biased)
    Kit
    Lana (see Cordelia)
    Moira

And for a moment there I thought Hayden sounded quite nice on a girl, but I'm now quite positive that it was just my love for Kate Mara and the character that overshadowed my usual repugnance towards names of that kind.

Downton Abbey:
    Sybil

I love a lot of the other names (Anna, Charles, Edith, Mary, Matthew, Rosamund, Rose), but they're not names I've come to love by watching the series, I loved them beforehand.

The X-Files:
    Dana (Scully is probably the first television character I have ever loved. I was frighteningly young when I began to watch this series and I have always adored Dana Scully)

I am also a dedicated watcher of Game of Thrones, but I have read the books beforehand so I knew the (brilliant) names already. Though admittedly, Lena Headey has made me love Cersei even more than I did before.

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    Robin Hood:
    Robin & Marian - Always loved these names, but the series did make me even crazier about them as the charcaters are wonderful. I had to stop watching when Guy killed Marian, and I'm trying to erase that from my mind. Darn you, Richard Armitage!
    That was such a horrible moment in television history. I was a very dedicated Robin Hood watcher and then that happened and everything turned to shit. Jonas Armstrong and Lucy Griffiths were so adorable together as Robin and Marian.
    Last edited by shvibziks; November 10th, 2013 at 06:24 PM.
    Zelia/Elja • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a blog and a royalty blog.
    Exporting beautiful old Danish names, exotic Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names.
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Elessar/Valdemar Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel "Tilda" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Juno Catherine Françoise "Shazza"

I've never really thought about it before, but I think my love for Greek girls' names that end with "e" is partly due to awesome female TV characters who have those sort of names.

Zoe - Anybody remember a sitcom from the 90s called Cybill? The main character had a teenage daughter named Zoey, and it was one of the first times -- if not the first -- I heard the name. From a more modern show, there's also the amazing Zoe Alleyne Washburne from Firefly.

Phoebe - Others have already mentioned them, but Phoebe Buffay from Friends and Phoebe Halliwell from Charmed.

Daphne - Daphne Moon from Frasier.

Penelope - Penelope Garcia from Criminal Minds and Penny from The Big Bang Theory, who I assume is formally a Penelope, although I don't think it's ever been confirmed on the show. Even if she's not, she made me fall in love with Penny as a nickname for Penelope. (And wasn't the Halliwell sisters' grandmother on Charmed a Penelope as well?)

Calliope - Calliope "Callie" Torres from Grey's Anatomy, who convinced me that Calliope could totally work on a modern girl.
    Proud mother to William "Liam" Balthazar, and expecting Catherine "Cate" Ophelia in September 2014!
    Future Daughters: Isobel "Zoe" Theophania, Veronica "Vera" Seraphine
    Future Sons: Alexander "Olek" Crispin/Leopold, Dominic "Nico" Valentine

Nicholas ~ William ~ Alexander ~ Sebastian ~ Gabriel ~ Benjamin ~ Dominic ~ Oliver ~ Crispin ~ Gregory
    Zoe ~ Catherine ~ Veronica ~ Penelope ~ Elizabeth ~ Daphne ~ Anastasia ~ Seraphina ~ Ophelia ~ Felicity