Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

How many stay on "Team Green"?

Hey berries!
    We found out yesterday that #3 is on the way. We already have one of each gender so I would so love to have that surprise of not finding out what this baby is. BUT I'm notorious for being terrible at secrets and surprises so I don't know if I'll have enough will power to not find out.
    Then, I started thinking about what a hard time we have picking out names and I am worrying that if we don't know the gender we will spend an entire 9 months waffling over names, then the baby will be born and we'll be like...crap...ok...Wesley Emmett? Hmm what about Emmett Brian? Or should it be Calvin??? Knowing the gender makes that part more real and you can picture the child and get used to the name. Not knowing makes everything feel much more hypothetical. So anyway....looking to hear from other tam green-ers about how they got comfortable with names.

thanks!

Not me! I want to know! I know it is a surprise, but it is a surprise whenever you find out.

Hahaha I think being pregnant is surprise enough!! I'll want to know what gender my future babies are as soon as possible, so I can plan and prepare accordingly.
    ♂ Seth Joshua, Gordon Thomas, Russell Joseph, Asher Estlin ♂
    ♀ Melody Ray, Joanna Kathryn, Nola Juliette, Tessa Diane ♀

I won't be having kids for a good few years yet, but when I do, I definitely don't want to find out the gender (which I'm guessing is what 'team green' means).

I don't really get why I would need to. What difference does it make? Planning- for what? It's a baby. Plan for a baby. Gender doesn't matter (I'm against the whole "it's a girl, so everything I buy must be pink and girly!" thing). I frequently see the argument that it means 'you can bond with/picture your baby'. What, so every parent who's never found out the gender has been unable to bond with their child? And what if you bond with or have a mental picture of a baby who turnes out to be the 'wrong' gender? I certainly won't need to know whether it's a boy or girl to be able to connect with a baby.

As for names- it's either a boy or girl. Is it really so hard to come up with a few combos for each gender in the many months before the birth? It's fun to keep guessing!

The only reason I can see is impatience. Fair enough Personally, I'd want everything to be as natural as possible and I'm willing to wait for the surprise
    William ♠ Thomas ♠ Peter ♠ Henry ~ Rose ♠ Alice ♠ Ivy ♠ Lowenna
    Mowesi ~ Henwyn Kernewek ~ Mebyon

Team Green all the way! No matter what. I look forward to the doctor saying It's a Girl or It's a Boy! Nobody has any patience these days. Just cuz you can find out, doesn't mean you should. Personally, I think it should only be an option for baby #2, #3, etc. not the first.