Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

She Needs a Name!!!

When I first heard my son's name, I fell in love and knew that was his name! I'm not getting that feeling with any of the names on the list for our baby girl. I was hoping for something with the same traditional, yet uncommon feel as my little boy's name Abe.
    Here's our list:
    Anna Marie
    Allie Marie
    Quinn Marie (my current fav)
    Eisley Marie (my husbands fav) pronounced EYEs-lee

Our son has my husband's first name for a middle name, so baby girl will get my middle name for hers, hence the "Marie".

Thoughts on these?? Any suggestions on names along the same lines? I prefer names that can not be shortened, do not tend to care for long formal names, and would prefer her not be one of 10 Olivia's (eventhough Olivia is a very pretty name!). I just want a name that I hear, fall in love with and know it's her name!!

Eudora - Casilda - Violetta - Odelia - Leocadia - Odette - Isolde - Valentine - Leopoldine - Isadora
    Eulalia - Aurelia - Marigold - Ariadne - Viola - Cosima - Philomena -Enid
    Averil - Caius - Casimir - Edmund - Ignatius - Benedict - Thaddeus - Raphael - Leopold - Clement
    Cassian - Isidore - Wenceslaus - Balthasar - Peregrine - Gilbert - Cornelius - Augustine - Carlisle

I love the idea of Quinn and Abe
    ~~~~~~14 year old Canadian geek~~~~~~
    Girls:
    Alaska, Laila, Jasmine, Rachel, Amara, Daine, Anne, Sarai, Caroline, Alianne, Freya, Sophie, Coraline, Beth
    Combos: Alaska Jasmine, Alianne Inara, Laila Coraline, Freya Sarai, Anne Zaina, Rachel Amira, Amara May, Sophie Noor, Beth Aziza
    Boys:
    Avery, Rowan, Stellan, Sky, Dusk, Hart, Castiel, Alastair
    Combos: Dusk Alexander, Sky Amir, Hart Ismail

I love Quinn Marie - it feels fresh and unique, but classic and feminine too. This one gets my vote!

Eisley Marie is pretty as well, but keep in mind that she'll constantly have to correct people on how to pronounce it. I don't think that would be a deal-breaker for me, but it might be something to tip the scales if two names are close.

Allie Marie has a nice ring and friendly feel to it. I don't think it sounds as strong and substantial as the other names on your list though.

Anna Marie is beautiful and classic, but I feel like the other names on your list are much more original.