Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Modern Twist on Gunther

We are expecting twins and are giving our littles family names with a twist. With that in mind, we've narrowed it down to two names for girls and one for boys. Since we aren't finding out the genders until they're born, we want to be ready with names. For the second boy name, we want something that evokes Gunther without being so ...harsh sounding. Ideas? Suggestions? Help, please!

You could look for a name with a similar sound or other names that also mean "warrior."

I don't find Gunther all that harsh sounding, to be honest. It's friendlier than the similar Gunnar/Gunner and softer when given the English (as opposed to German) pronunciation. But assuming you continue to be uncomfortable with Gunther, would you rather look for similar sounds or similar meanings? The name Guy (seriously underutilized, in my opinion) happens to have a similar sound and meaning.
    TTC
    Why yes, I probably should be working!

Benjamin * Sebastian * Ezra * Edmund * Henry * Hugo * Cormac * Andrew * Winston * Levi * Zev * Theodore

Arabella * Aviva * Ariella * Maeve * Matilda * Eleanor * Catherine * Charlotte * Beatrice

Hmmm.. I was going to suggest Gunter, but its even harsher sounding. Guyver maybe?

Current loves:
    thomasina louise, percival hugh

. ∙ ˙ . ∙ ˙  ✶  . ∙ ˙ . ∙ ˙

♥  ❝Words have meaning and names have power.❞

Gunther is very similar to Gunner, but as someone else already mentioned, Gunner may be harsher than Gunther, as the "th" sound "softens" the gun prefix of the name.(could Gunther be used as a middle name?)
    Names similar to Gunther/Gunner:
    Augustan or August (share letters with Gunther)

Garner or Grant

Luther or Garnet

Gareth or Garrett

Greyson or Griffin or Griffith

Combo ideas to use gunther Letters:

Greyson Theo or Theo Greyson

Hunter (closest I've come to incorporating all the letters) -maybe Hunter Giovanni or Hunter G_____? -that would use all of the letters...

I'm not sure what you mean by "evokes Gunther without sounding so harsh"?? Do you mean another Germanic name? Another name that begins with G?

I'm just going to throw some stuff out there and see what sticks.

Fritz
    Hans
    Gustav
    Axel
    Niels
    Henrik
    Dietrich
    Werner
    Franz
    Friedrich
    Lars
    Dieter