Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

A New Elven Character Is Created!

Hello Berries, I'm posting this while watching a live feed of the Worldwide Hobbit Fan Event (multasking even when relaxing is my motto! ). The second Hobbit film "the Desolation of Smaug" will be out in December and in this installment, a new female Elven character of Tauriel is introduced. The character (played by Evangeline Lilly in a striking red wig) does not appear in the original book by Tolkien but instead was created by Peter Jackson and his producing partner Fran Walsh. I have a question for you Berries: Do you think that Tauriel can become the next Ariel?
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Tauriel's very pretty. I will probably add it to my list when I've seen the movie... just in time for Baby Girl's arrival.

It's much lovelier than Ariel, in my opinion, and it's very usable... even though it's not real Tolkien. *hysterical sobbing*
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

You mean sassy, rebellious red-head? I thought that was Merida. I don't think Tauriel will make quite the splash (pun intended ) Ariel did. I'm curious about her character, and am always a fan of intelligent, strong female characters for girls to look up to, if it feels authentic. I think the name could be popular. It's cute, Ariel meets Tori.
    Considering...
    Annika, Artemis, Bianca, Cassandra, Catherine, Evadne, Felicity, Gwendolen, Isabeau, Isadora, Juniper,
    Lorelei, Lyra, Octavia, Pandora, Petra, Sunniva, Thisbe, Thora

●●● ●●● ●●●
    Caspian, Conrad, Damian, Desmond, Evander, Everett, Ezra, Griffin, Gwydion, Malachi,
    Peregrine, Phineas, Theodore

click for my name lists
    our furbabies: Sebastian and Oleander

Oh Ottilie, you have new names in your signature! I like.
    Considering...
    Annika, Artemis, Bianca, Cassandra, Catherine, Evadne, Felicity, Gwendolen, Isabeau, Isadora, Juniper,
    Lorelei, Lyra, Octavia, Pandora, Petra, Sunniva, Thisbe, Thora

●●● ●●● ●●●
    Caspian, Conrad, Damian, Desmond, Evander, Everett, Ezra, Griffin, Gwydion, Malachi,
    Peregrine, Phineas, Theodore

click for my name lists
    our furbabies: Sebastian and Oleander

Tauriel -- what a lovely name! And it's true to Tolkien's books, as this is a genuine Quenya Elvish name!

In Quenya, Tauriel means "daughter of the forest." The name combines the Quenya word taurë ("forest") with the Quenya suffix –iel ("daughter of").

-- Nephele
    Can't wait for the next Hobbit film, because I'm crushing on Martin Freeman. (Love him and Benedict Cumberbatch in the television series Sherlock, too!)