Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I also like Brooks or Broox as some would spell it better than Brook.

I know a male Brook and a female Brooke, I slightly prefer it on a male, but I am mostly neutral. I think Brooks has a nice preppy cowboy juxtaposition.

It hasn't gone girl in my opinion, but I am a person who like Morgan and Sidney so maybe I'm not one to ask?

I have only in my whole life met one Brooke and that was a little girl about 3. Personally, I don't see why it can't work on a boy. The name has some strong, masculine sounds, Brook is just a nature name and nature names are 99% unisex to me.

I think it is handsome and he's unlikely to ever meet a girl Brooke/Brook but if he does, who cares? Kids are way more accepting of names nowadays than they used to be (my experience as a teacher and never seeing anyone bullied for names no matter how ridiculous or weird is where this is coming from).

And about Brooks, I think the S on the end would be a deal breaker. Brooks Sanderson sounds like Brooks Anderson out loud, Brooks Smith sounds like Brooks Mith out loud and so on. The S just slides into the other S. If it were in the middle, like Michael Brooks Smith, it wouldn't matter to me because middles are for the parents and for meaning and no ones really going to hear it. But as a first, I find it awkward. Just IMHO.
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

I like Brooks much better for a boy. It sounds handsome!
    Current favorites: Olive, Louise/Louisa, Magdalene/Madeline, Phillipa, Talitha, Mallory, Blythe, Eliza, Mercy, Talia; Calvin, Charles, Gideon, Abram, Jude, Reuben, George, Reid, Clark, Holden.

Oh, and last name starting with S might be a problem, depending on how ess-y the name is, do you know what I mean? If the flow bothers you, it might, unfortunately, be a name to put on the "names I love but sound bad with our last name" list =/
    Current favorites: Olive, Louise/Louisa, Magdalene/Madeline, Phillipa, Talitha, Mallory, Blythe, Eliza, Mercy, Talia; Calvin, Charles, Gideon, Abram, Jude, Reuben, George, Reid, Clark, Holden.