Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Question Rosetta Stone - Why is it bad?

So I have written a few threads about Rosetta lately. Its dainty, but mysterious. It reminds me of folk music, flowing skirts and roses. I know what the Rosetta Stone is, the program etc. but I don't really understand why its a negative association. Maybe its my ignorance, but would you please explain it to me?

Thanks Berries!
    'Jessie' Jessica Emily Faith
    Living down under...

.... On the hunt for new girls name imagery.

Ronan: For the sake of spicy, little boys wearing plaid shirts, running around in kneeless jeans, playing in the mud and being mischievous.
    Other considerations
    Mariella Avalon - Logan Michael - Elisabeth Jewel - Everett James

Because it opens the door to teasing. Would you name a child after a store or a theater or a restaurant? Probably not.

I don't understand why it would be negative either. Rosetta Stone is a language program, and the Rosetta Stone itself was an ancient slab that helped people understand the meaning of Egyptian hieroglyphs... I think there is some controversy over where the Rosetta Stone is kept? But I can't imagine that ruining the name.

I don't see either of those connotations as negative! And whose to say that the language program will stick around/remain particularly popular?

TBH, i think that the Rosetta Stone (the actual stone) would be a kind of awesome namesake! It's an incredible piece of history.

I think it's sort of because that's ALL people think of. Along the same vein, I lovelovelove Linus, but every person I see in real life that knows I love Linus gives me a crazy look--because it's so connected to Peanuts. I guess people just don't like to have a name with such a strong connection to just one thing in pop culture. I know a Rosetta, actually. She wears it well. I always just saw it as any other Rose name until after I didn't see her so much and everyone keeps talking about the language programme. It's sweet, and Rosie and Etta are adorable.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd & aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace + Caleb Elias Joseph + Arianne Eleanor Daisy + Everett Joshua Charles + Olivia Wren Camille
    Grant Frédéric Conrad + Violet Emilia Mary + Casper Nathaniel Eden + Grace Odilia Lily + Samuel Gaspard John

I've recently started a new story--feel free to come along with me for the journey! havengermany.blogspot.com
    Chapter 1 is up! And an author's note! (Alas, don't get too excited.)