Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Which Spelling, please?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lilias

46 86.79%
  • Lileas

7 13.21%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

| *Insert Quirky Title Here* |

Hello Berries!

I have been thinking about this name for a couple of months now, so I thought I would finally ask for inspiration and opinions from the Berry community.

Name: Lilias or Lileas *Preferred spelling, please select from poll.*

A) How do you think/know it is pronounced?

How I think it's pronounced: * Highlight to show, but I would like to know your first instinct* | ly-lee-as or ly-lee-us |

B) Do you think the spelling will decide how a person may think it is pronounced?

C) Other thoughts? (ex. No way, go another route, Natural.)

Similar Names that I keep interchanging with: Liliana | Lilia | Lilium |Lydia | Lilac

Combo's I have, but does not give me that Peppermint Hot Chocolate type feeling {Last Name: Three Syllables-Starts with "W"- ends in -on}:

I want something fun | inspirational | happy | unexpected in the middle, but not too awkard. (Not fond of virture names: Grace, Hope, Charity i.e.) I cannot really tell what is stumping me, but I hope berries can help guide me to the path of the Peppermint Hot Chocolate flow.

PSA: Not pregnant, just want to get my jumbled thoughts together.
    Last edited by natural; November 2nd, 2013 at 10:58 PM. Reason: Hyperlink Error...

I personally don't like Lilias/Lileas bc it seems a touch masculine, and bc I prefer Lillia, Lydia, Lilac and Lilium. I think all of them are gorgeous and underused.
    http://www.onceuponatimebabynames.com/
    http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9772380 (please vote!)

Just lurking since the birth of my son S. G. A.
    Zorina, Faustine, Castalia, Vasilisa, Oriana, Anaxandra, Sebastiana
    ... Alaric, Silvan, Alistair, Stellan, Rainer, Caspian, Theron, Salvatore

I.. found it weird. I never heard about it, so it's like plural version of Lilia for me. But maybe it's just me.

I pronounce it just like any Lily names: Lee-lee-us.
    Cynthia/Luna
    twenty-something name nerd. infj

Seraphina Juliette Liv. Evangeline Laetitia Odette. Catalina Ariadne. Valentina Bellatrix Yvaine
    Violetta Catherine Lenore. Isabelle Faustina Clare. Valencia Lyra Amoret. Rosalind Belphoebe
    Clementine Audrey Rowena. Annabelle Helena Lúthien. Vanessa Rose Aphrodite

Peregrine Cedric. Gavriel Alexander Callum. James Luca Auberon. Caspian Felix
    Perseus Arthur Flynn. Cassius Jason Amadeus. Damien Alexei Orion

Thank you, cristinamariane--it never occurred to me that is may sound masculine. Maybe because I usually say it with -as not -us?

Quote Originally Posted by c@29 View Post
    I.. found it weird. I never heard about it, so it's like plural version of Lilia for me. But maybe it's just me.

I pronounce it just like any Lily names: Lee-lee-us.

Thank you, c@29--Honestly, that was my first reaction. The more I looked at it I thought it was Lilia's without the apostrophe. Then I started thinking that it could possibly work as an alternative to the other Lil-type names. I really do like it, but I keep second guessing myself. Which is never good when it comes to names. I wonder if that could be the reason I am having problems with my combos? Also, I do not care for the pronunciation you listed, which is another thing I am worried about.

:Le sigh: I am still hoping Berries can further pique my interest in the name, because it has been months that I have been holding it in.

"ȶɦɛ ӄռɨɢɦȶṩ օʄ ռօʋ"
    αsριαη Aтℓαs Łενι | Ƶєρнуʀυs Aℓαη Ρѕαℓм | Ρнσєηιχ Aтσм Ɲιєℓ

"ȶɦɛ ɮɛǟʊȶɨɛṩ օʄ ɛʍɮɛʀ"
    Łιℓια A∂єℓʀυɳє ℓαiʀє | Ɲασмι Aʀтεмιs Ƒαε | Ιѕαвєαυ A∂ℓυмια вℓутнє

|"ι.ɛ."|

I read Lilias as Lily-us, and Lileas as Lil-A-us.
    I prefer the second pronunciation, but I also think that Lilia is sweet.