Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

can an Isobel not be Izzy?

Isobel and s my favourite name for a girl but I highly dislike Izzy as I see it as a quite masculine because I know an Isaiah who goes by Issy and my brother Isaac gets it sometimes too. But I know many Isabella s and Isabels who are called Izzy/izzie/Issi. Is Izzy a definite nickname for Isobel or would they more likely be Bella which I love.
    〜Ebs〜
    Isobel*Eloise*Matilda*Alice*Eleanor*Amelia*Elena* Mirabel* Felicity* Phoebe*Tallaulah*Eilidh*Rosalia*Roisin*Azalea*Elsa *
    Eamon*Tiago*Cooper*Jack*Jago*Flynn*Archer*Lincoln* Asher*Alfie*Taylor* Finnian* Baxter* Lawson*Jasper*Deacon*Lewis*
    babynameobsessed.wordpress.com

Yeah, I think it is kind of inevitable, although Bella is probably a more likely nn. If you like the name so much as it is though, make a point of telling people that Isobel is the child's not Izzy/Bella/etc and you'd prefer it if they called her that. My mum never did it with me, but I now make a point of taking my time to respond if someone calls me Jess instead of Jessica. It's kind of rude of me, but I've told people I hate the nn and if they choose not to listen then that's their problem.
    Not expecting, just a girl with an interest in etymology.

Favourite Girls: http://nameberry.com/userlist/view/42001
    Favourite Boys: http://nameberry.com/userlist/view/47207

Favourite Combos
    Ivy Clemence/Lyra Temperance/Poppy Matilda/Eliza Genevieve/Wallis ?
    Harrison Lysander/James Anthony/Hugo Benjamin/Rory Alexander/Malachy ?

@Jessica my grandmother is Isobel which is why I want to use it.
    〜Ebs〜
    Isobel*Eloise*Matilda*Alice*Eleanor*Amelia*Elena* Mirabel* Felicity* Phoebe*Tallaulah*Eilidh*Rosalia*Roisin*Azalea*Elsa *
    Eamon*Tiago*Cooper*Jack*Jago*Flynn*Archer*Lincoln* Asher*Alfie*Taylor* Finnian* Baxter* Lawson*Jasper*Deacon*Lewis*
    babynameobsessed.wordpress.com

You can definitely encourage the use of Bella instead of Izzy. However, her little friends might use Izzy and she might like it.
    *Penelope*Pearl*Estella*Marisol*Golda*Martha*
    *Lilac*Daphne*Silvie*Autumn*

Silas*Henry*Arthur*Gabriel*Eli*Patrick*Frederick
    *Heath*Gilbert*Jonah

I know four little girls called Isobel/Isabelle/Isabel; one is an Izzy who also gets Zazie by family (Zazie-Belle by her dad which is adorable) one is a Bella, but the other two are 'just Isobel'.

I don't think you have issues if you corrected people who shortened it. Or if you offered some alternative?
    Jemima Rosemary - Eilidh Briar - Fenella Beatrix ✿ Alec Huw - Emmett Nicholas - Rufus Caspian
    Billie, Magdalena, Imogen, Octavia, Ailbhe, Jessa, Raphaela, Agnes, Imogen, Amelia, Medora, Lettice, Annabella.
    Dylan, Breccan, Rhett, Oscar, Ingram, Harrison, William, Vincent, Wolfie, Keaton.

✿✿✿

Traveller at heart and dreaming of future babes, but mostly I'm just an expat teenage girl from England...http://bigsistercomplex.tumblr.com/