Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

can an Isobel not be Izzy?

Isobel and s my favourite name for a girl but I highly dislike Izzy as I see it as a quite masculine because I know an Isaiah who goes by Issy and my brother Isaac gets it sometimes too. But I know many Isabella s and Isabels who are called Izzy/izzie/Issi. Is Izzy a definite nickname for Isobel or would they more likely be Bella which I love.
    ☆Isobel★Eloise☆Matilda★Alice☆Eleanor★ Amelia☆ Elena★Mirabel☆ Felicity★Phoebe ☆Eilidh ★Rosalia☆Roisin★Azalea☆Elsa★Arabella☆ Genevieve★Elodie☆Tallulah★Ruby☆
    ★☆★
    ☆Eamon★Tiago☆Cooper★Jack☆Jago★Flynn☆ Archer★Lincoln☆Asher★Alfie☆Taylor★Baxter ☆Finnian★Lawson☆Jasper★Lewis ★Oscar☆Fletcher★Caspian☆Miller★
    babynameobsessed.worpress.com

Yeah, I think it is kind of inevitable, although Bella is probably a more likely nn. If you like the name so much as it is though, make a point of telling people that Isobel is the child's not Izzy/Bella/etc and you'd prefer it if they called her that. My mum never did it with me, but I now make a point of taking my time to respond if someone calls me Jess instead of Jessica. It's kind of rude of me, but I've told people I hate the nn and if they choose not to listen then that's their problem.
    Not expecting but hopefully one day that will change.

Favourite Combos
    Ivy Adelaide/Lyra Evangeline/Eliza Genevieve
    Hugo Benjamin/James Anthony/Rory Alexander

Other Favourites
    Octavia, Astrid, Estella, Hestia, Wallis, Sheridan
    Rafferty, Malachy, Jasper, Harrison, Sidney, Killian

@Jessica my grandmother is Isobel which is why I want to use it.
    ☆Isobel★Eloise☆Matilda★Alice☆Eleanor★ Amelia☆ Elena★Mirabel☆ Felicity★Phoebe ☆Eilidh ★Rosalia☆Roisin★Azalea☆Elsa★Arabella☆ Genevieve★Elodie☆Tallulah★Ruby☆
    ★☆★
    ☆Eamon★Tiago☆Cooper★Jack☆Jago★Flynn☆ Archer★Lincoln☆Asher★Alfie☆Taylor★Baxter ☆Finnian★Lawson☆Jasper★Lewis ★Oscar☆Fletcher★Caspian☆Miller★
    babynameobsessed.worpress.com

You can definitely encourage the use of Bella instead of Izzy. However, her little friends might use Izzy and she might like it.
    *Penelope*Pearl*Estella*Marisol*Golda*Martha*
    *Lilac*Daphne*Tabitha*Autumn*

Silas*Henry*Arthur*Gabriel*Eli*Patrick*Frederick
    *Heath*Gilbert*Jonah*Leo

I know four little girls called Isobel/Isabelle/Isabel; one is an Izzy who also gets Zazie by family (Zazie-Belle by her dad which is adorable) one is a Bella, but the other two are 'just Isobel'.

I don't think you have issues if you corrected people who shortened it. Or if you offered some alternative?
    olivia, seventeen, obsessively maternal.

★ close to my heart / future darlings; ★
    Estella - Oona - Margaret - Imogen - Billie - Eilidh - Jemima
    Emmett - Eoghan - Wilf - Alec - Nicholas - William - Hugh